News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

1960 Iowa Welcome Sign Photo

Started by J3ebrules, October 06, 2019, 08:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J3ebrules

Still categorizing and picking out some of the best of my grandpa's old album photos, but I felt this one picture was so irresistible, I had to post already... and I had to zoom in and post a second version of the same picture so you can see the US 18/Iowa 13 concurrency that was no longer exists after the truncation of Iowa 13 in 1969.

Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike - they’ve all come to look for America! (Simon & Garfunkel)

bugo

That car is a 1959 Chevrolet Biscayne sedan.

J3ebrules

Thank you! I wanted to submit a couple of pictures to The Old Motor, but I wasn't sure what kind of Chevrolet it was. And that makes sense if they bought it new the year before they went to Iowa.
Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike - they’ve all come to look for America! (Simon & Garfunkel)

bugo

I'm obsessed with cars from this era and I can identify the year and make of most American cars from 1950-1980 by looking at them.

J3ebrules

Quote from: bugo on October 09, 2019, 04:57:56 AM
I'm obsessed with cars from this era and I can identify the year and make of most American cars from 1950-1980 by looking at them.

Oh??? This is probably something stupidly obvious, then, but I've been dying to know what this is... I'm afraid it may be a 1948, not 1950, but maybe you'll know it?

bugo

Quote from: J3ebrules on October 09, 2019, 10:56:56 AM
Oh??? This is probably something stupidly obvious, then, but I've been dying to know what this is... I'm afraid it may be a 1948, not 1950, but maybe you'll know it?

That's a 1939 Dodge sedan.

J3ebrules

Oh wow used car indeed. The Biscayne must have been their first new car then. Super cool. Thanks!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.