News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

New Orleans Road Trip (Part 2)

Started by Ted$8roadFan, October 31, 2022, 09:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted$8roadFan

Part 2

Day 5 to 12: spent in New Orleans (car parked)

Day 12: New Orleans to Atlanta

US 90 West over Huey Long Bridge to West Bank. Followed US 90 through Jefferson Parish into St. Charles Parish. Connected with I-310 in Boutt back to I-10. Headed east through Jefferson Parish into Central N.O. Exited on US 90. Followed US 90 through New Orleans East into Slidell. Reconnected with I-10 into Mississippi

Followed US 90 through Gulf Coast Mississippi, including Bay St. Louis, Biloxi, Gulfport, Pascagoula. Reentered I-10 before Alabama line.

Followed I-10 east through Mobile and Baldwin Counties into Florida (for vanity purposes). Took US 29 through Escambia County back into Alabama before rejoining I-65. Followed I-65 to Montgomery, then I-85 into Georgia and Atlanta.

Day 13: Atlanta to Charlotte

Drove around Perimeter to observe Atlanta's sprawl (I-285 and I-675) before following 75/85 to its split with I-85. Followed I-85 into South Carolina and into North Carolina before using local roads to access I-277 in Charlotte Uptown.

Day 14: Charlotte to Durham

Continued the Beltway trend and drove both I-277 and I-485. Reconnected with I-85 N through Lexington and the Triad before exiting the Durham Freeway (NC-147) into Durham.

Day 15: Durham to Harrisburg, PA

Went to Raleigh for a short visit  via NC-147, I-885, and I-40 E.

Leaving Durham, followed I-440 E to I-87 (existing and future) and US 64 to I-95 near Rocky Mount.

Followed I-95 into Virginia, through Petersburg and Richmond, to US 17 (Exit 133) in Fredericksburg.

US-17 from Fredericksburg through Stanford and Culpeper Counties, around Warrenton, to I-66 in Marshall.

I-66 west to I-81 North, through Winchester, VA, West Virginia, Maryland and into Pennsylvania.

Day 15 (last day; return home).

From Harrisburg, US 322 E to Hershey. PA-39 and local roads to I-81 in Grantville.

I-81 North through northeastern PA to I-380/84. I-84 into NY, CT, MA.

Mass. Pike into Boston.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.