News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Central States / Re: OK: US-59 bridge over 'Ker...
Last post by Bobby5280 - Today at 09:58:59 PM
The fact remains the US-59 bridge over the Arkansas River that was recently struck by a barge didn't have any protective dolphins around the bridge piers. I'm not going to applaud ODOT for taking action to remedy a problem after a horrible disaster happens (like what happened on I-40 at Webbers Falls).

Now that ODOT knows it is possible for a barge to strike the US-59 bridge maybe they'll do something about it.
Mountain West / Re: New Mexico
Last post by Rothman - Today at 09:54:51 PM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on Today at 09:28:55 PM
Quote from: Rothman on Today at 09:26:59 PM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on Today at 09:26:08 PMOh, man, oh man.... did I mention that NMDOT needs to get their shit together? They had a lane of I 40 closed With no construction workers and nothing going on at five p m. That was heading westbound on I 40 near tucumcari. It caused about a five mile back up. Fortunately, I was heading eastbound. But that is ridiculous. New mexico really just doesn't give a fuck.

There are various legit reasons for a work zone to be empty...
Yeah, alright. I just don't buy that in the middle of a rural desert they couldn't find a way to prevent a 5+ mile backup for a simple repave.

Well, give them a call, then.
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Michigan Notes
Last post by webny99 - Today at 09:34:06 PM
Quote from: Flint1979 on April 13, 2024, 02:00:16 PMDouble-barreled action on I-75 around mile marker 166.

Is that unusual in Michigan? It's very common here. I can think of at least two median U-turn locations where two cops is as common as just one. I just figure it's a slow day and they're taking the chance to chat with their co-workers.

Quote from: JREwing78 on April 15, 2024, 12:58:51 AM
Quote from: michiganguy123 on April 14, 2024, 08:12:48 PMWhat's the highest speed someone has blown past a state trooper without getting pulled over?

I *have* done 85 in a 70 and had MSP *try* to pull me over. It was just before an exit where the road went downhill out of sight of the officer. I took the exit. The trooper didn't. My driving record didn't get more points on it that day.

Lucky! I was in a similar situation on NY 104 once, definitely speeding but don't remember my speed. I saw the cop pull out behind me, but far enough back that I wasn't sure if he was after me or not. I sure didn't bother to find out, and bailed at the next exit as soon as I got around the bend and out of his view. I turned right ASAP and wound my way back to the highway on backroads just to be sure. A hair raising experience to be sure.

Pacific Southwest / Re: California
Last post by Plutonic Panda - Today at 09:33:11 PM
Is this an actual project that is planned? Or just something that we think should happen?
Last post by Plutonic Panda - Today at 09:28:55 PM
Quote from: Rothman on Today at 09:26:59 PM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on Today at 09:26:08 PMOh, man, oh man.... did I mention that NMDOT needs to get their shit together? They had a lane of I 40 closed With no construction workers and nothing going on at five p m. That was heading westbound on I 40 near tucumcari. It caused about a five mile back up. Fortunately, I was heading eastbound. But that is ridiculous. New mexico really just doesn't give a fuck.

Yeah, alright. I just don't buy that in the middle of a rural desert they couldn't find a way to prevent a 5+ mile backup for a simple repave.
Last post by Rothman - Today at 09:26:59 PM

Last post by Plutonic Panda - Today at 09:26:08 PM
Oh, man, oh man.... did I mention that NMDOT needs to get their shit together? They had a lane of I 40 closed With no construction workers and nothing going on at five p m. That was heading westbound on I 40 near tucumcari. It caused about a five mile back up. Fortunately, I was heading eastbound. But that is ridiculous. New mexico really just doesn't give a fuck.

I don't think they're adding a lane. It's just either a repaying or a mill and grade.
Traffic Control / Re: Unique, Odd, or Interestin...
Last post by 74/171FAN - Today at 09:21:38 PM
Some signage south of the I-81/VA 100 interchange in Dublin. (https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10220223029166423&set=a.10220223118848665)

On I-81 SB approaching US 60 in Lexington, VA (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10220223024166298&set=a.10220223118848665)

Northeast / Re: US 202 Sinkhole Around Kin...
Last post by 74/171FAN - Today at 09:05:04 PM
Quote from: vdeane on Today at 08:54:50 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on Today at 08:11:27 PM(For US 202 and PA 29)  PennDOT - District 6 News: Sinkhole Repair Continues on U.S. 202 North (Dekalb Pike) in King of Prussia

QuoteA comprehensive sinkhole remediation project for U.S. 202 (Dekalb Pike), and for Route 29 (Morehall Road) in East Whiteland Township, Chester County, is scheduled to be advertised for construction this summer.
Does this have anything to do with that stretch that Google says is closed until April 2025?  And to think I wanted to clinch US 202 in PA this year...

No, you are referring to the SB alignment in Norristown.

Quote from: 74/171FAN on March 29, 2024, 03:09:53 PM(For US 202 SB)  PennDOT - District 6 News: Bridge Rehabilitation to Begin on Markley Street, Elm Street Bridge Over Stony Creek in Norristown - Bridge to close Monday, April 15 through April 2025
Northeast / Re: US 202 Sinkhole Around Kin...
Last post by vdeane - Today at 08:54:50 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on Today at 08:11:27 PM(For US 202 and PA 29)  PennDOT - District 6 News: Sinkhole Repair Continues on U.S. 202 North (Dekalb Pike) in King of Prussia

QuoteA comprehensive sinkhole remediation project for U.S. 202 (Dekalb Pike), and for Route 29 (Morehall Road) in East Whiteland Township, Chester County, is scheduled to be advertised for construction this summer.
Does this have anything to do with that stretch that Google says is closed until April 2025?  And to think I wanted to clinch US 202 in PA this year...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.