News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

30 lane highways in Egypt

Started by Chris, May 29, 2023, 04:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakeroot

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on June 03, 2023, 07:31:52 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on May 30, 2023, 04:36:43 AM
I mean, the world's biggest cities don't have roads this wide. Because, well, it doesn't work.
How do you know if it doesn't work if it doesn't exist?

Well, it's more about it not needing to work. Most Tokyo Metro lines move far more people than the "infamous" 401 freeway, whilst occupying significantly less space.

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: jakeroot on June 03, 2023, 08:58:04 PM
I mean, the world's biggest cities don't have roads this wide. Because, well, it doesn't work.

Well, it's more about it not needing to work. Most Tokyo Metro lines move far more people than the "infamous" 401 freeway, whilst occupying significantly less space.
Egypt is also building HSR. That's besides the point.

seicer

But only if Texas could continue to build and expand its highways to resolve congestion, it will surely work!

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: seicer on June 03, 2023, 09:54:17 PM
But only if Texas could continue to build and expand its highways to resolve congestion, it will surely work!
Now do a comparison if they didn't widen any.. oh wait you don't want to

jakeroot

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on June 03, 2023, 09:28:16 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on June 03, 2023, 08:58:04 PM

Egypt is also building HSR. That's besides the point.

Nope, it is the point. The point is movement of people. Cars move people. Trains move people. Bikes move people.

Also, I'm referring to metro, aka "subway", lines. Not HSR. No idea where you got that from...

Chris

El Gaish Road in Alexandria.

The 135 kilometer highway to El Alamein is also being expanded to 16 lanes.

Bickendan

All that asphalt is going to raise the ambient temperature.

zachary_amaryllis

When I first read this thread, I was convinced this was some bananage dreamed up by the pour-stuff-on-stuff guy.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.