News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Which US City Has The Most Freeways?

Started by bing101, April 20, 2024, 03:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

Here is an interesting one and its by per capita.

epzik8

On a side note, I'm very familiar with the interchange at the very beginning of the video.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

pderocco

I recognized it too, having driven through it on I-95 (north of Baltimore, at I-695). That used to be what I called a crossover diamond interchange (Is there a more official name for it?), but was torn up and replaced with something more conventional, perhaps so they could accommodate express lanes. That initial aerial photo was what it looked like twelve years ago, before they added the express lanes.

pderocco

It's also amusing that New York, which has by far the most freeways, also probably has the most people who don't drive, because their lifestyles revolve around taxis and subways.

TheStranger

Quote from: pderocco on April 21, 2024, 01:24:45 AMIt's also amusing that New York, which has by far the most freeways, also probably has the most people who don't drive, because their lifestyles revolve around taxis and subways.

What makes that all make sense is sheer scale:

In terms of city proper, 2nd 3rd and 4th place (LA/Chicago/Houston) barely surpasses New York City's population on its own!

(Of course that is not counting the metro area numbers)
Chris Sampang

DJStephens

The nature of NYC routes are in reality erstwhile expressways, due to their age, obsolescence, and varying design standards.   

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.