News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Future Arkansas Projects/Issues

Started by Tomahawkin, November 09, 2013, 10:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawkin

Name Them??? I for One want to see 555 get done? I guess the State ran out of funding long ago??? That could be a Truck route from Memphis to Kansas City...I also Advocated the I-49 completion in a paper I wrote in college 5 years ago...With that said I proposed that area between Ft Smith and Texarkana be Tolled because it would pay for future projects and that I-49 interstate would get a lot of travel...In regards to Fayetteville AR, 540 should be 8-lanes which would help for the college traffic...And on a Final note, Im Guessing US 67 ran out of funding long ago as well as ROW opposition? That road should be tolled as well, use the toll for funding projects that can complete that route to St Louis...Its a Shame that Arkansas has a 1940's mindset in how to plan road improvements, I guess a lack of funding adds to that?

NE2

I-555 is done, except for one piece of frontage roads to get farm vehicles off.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Tomahawkin

What is the Status of 555 NW of Jonesboro, Has It been Completed all the way to the Missouri Line...That would be a great Connector to KC, and Points North and west like Des Moines (North) and West (Denver)

NE2

Quote from: Tomahawkin on November 09, 2013, 10:24:05 PM
What is the Status of 555 NW of Jonesboro
Doesn't exist. Never has existed. I-55 is the corridor from I-55 to Jonesboro.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

M86

Quote from: Tomahawkin on November 09, 2013, 10:15:52 PM
Name Them??? I for One want to see 555 get done? I guess the State ran out of funding long ago??? That could be a Truck route from Memphis to Kansas City...I also Advocated the I-49 completion in a paper I wrote in college 5 years ago...With that said I proposed that area between Ft Smith and Texarkana be Tolled because it would pay for future projects and that I-49 interstate would get a lot of travel...In regards to Fayetteville AR, 540 should be 8-lanes which would help for the college traffic...And on a Final note, Im Guessing US 67 ran out of funding long ago as well as ROW opposition? That road should be tolled as well, use the toll for funding projects that can complete that route to St Louis...Its a Shame that Arkansas has a 1940's mindset in how to plan road improvements, I guess a lack of funding adds to that?

I'll try to decipher this as best that I can.

I-555... If you're talking about US 63 going west from I-55, it's done.  It might get an Interstate designation in the future, but it's done.

I-540/Future I-49 issues in NWA have little connection with the college.  The University of Arkansas in Fayetteville could disappear, and traffic would still be horrendous on 540/Future I-49.

AHTD's website sucks, period... You have to really dig for stuff.  If you're in Arkansas, look for regional planning agencies... Where I live, it's http://www.nwarpc.org/... They actually provide some documents to view.

codyg1985

Quote from: Tomahawkin on November 09, 2013, 10:24:05 PM
What is the Status of 555 NW of Jonesboro, Has It been Completed all the way to the Missouri Line...That would be a great Connector to KC, and Points North and west like Des Moines (North) and West (Denver)

Are you referring to US 63 northwest of Jonesboro that goes through Hoxie, Imboden, Hardy, and Mammoth Spring? It is a four-lane Arkansas-style facility with no median from west of Jonesboro to west of Hoxie at Portia. A replacement for the Black River bridge is under construction, but I don't know if that is being widened to four lanes yet. There is also a four-lane bypass of Hardy. I agree that it would be a nice truck route if it were four-laned the rest of the way, but I'm not sure if it warrants an interstate conversion. I think there are plans to make US 63 four lanes up to Missouri, though.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.