News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Arkansas Construction Timelines

Started by M86, March 05, 2014, 02:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M86

I'm reviewing the projects on the Connecting Arkansas Programs website.

http://connectingarkansasprogram.com/corridors/5/i-540-washington-benton-county/

Why are these widenings taking years to complete, for a few miles, construction-wise?
Also, shouldn't some of the surveying, environmental, design, ROW, and utility been done already?  I don't get it.

AHTD

When you ask, "why are these projects taking years to complete?" - are you asking why they are staggered over several years?

The projects are in various phases, that's part of why they are staggered over a multi-year period. Many have sat in a various planning stages for a while and it wasn't until voters approved the half-cent sales tax that we were able to start advancing those project.
Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

M86

Quote from: AHTD on March 05, 2014, 08:02:04 AM
When you ask, "why are these projects taking years to complete?" - are you asking why they are staggered over several years?

The projects are in various phases, that's part of why they are staggered over a multi-year period. Many have sat in a various planning stages for a while and it wasn't until voters approved the half-cent sales tax that we were able to start advancing those project.

No, I'm solely looking at the construction timeline.

AHTD

Most of these look like two-years projects. Some are longer because they contain bridges. These are estimate timelines for construction. We won't have a better idea UNTIL the project bids.

BUT! All CAP projects have to be completed by 2023.
Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.