News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Eddie Money dead at age 70

Started by golden eagle, September 13, 2019, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golden eagle

https://people.com/music/eddie-money-dead-70/

I wasn't the biggest Eddie Money fan, but did enjoy the music he made over the years. RIP, Eddie.

GaryV

Hopefully he used a ticket to paradise.

roadman65

I always loved his song with Ronnie Spectur in 1986.  That was a good year as many great songs were on the radio that year.  Some of you radio, was how we listened to music then lol!  Steve Windwood's Higher Love was big that year too among many great songs.  Though it is a shame like many other greats, but we all do not live here forever.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

KEVIN_224

You refer to 1986. Far and away my favorite year of music. (Falco and Nu Shooz helped!)

"Take Me Home Tonight" peaked at #4 in November 1986. It was Eddie's highest charting Hot 100 single. His first major hit, "Baby, Come On" in 1978, peaked at #11.

Steve Winwood's "Higher Love" reached #1 earlier in 1986 year. As for Chaka Khan? She was almost part of "Addicted To Love" by Robert Palmer. I think Winwood was why she didn't end up on Palmer's song. ("Addicted To Love" hit #1 and was the #10 song of the year.)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.