News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

A formal intro...hi.

Started by dislocatedkid, March 22, 2011, 09:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dislocatedkid

I've been "trolling" through and on occasion posting in this forum since it began. It was an awesome find considering my "odd" fascination with road networks, signs, etc...

But i found this site (along with a few others, Mr. Sanderson's USends site most notably) and thought "wow...there are others?"

Since then I've come to realize i apparently know "jack squat" about the technical and most detailed points of the subject, but i'm definitely learning.

I grew up in the Canton, Ohio vicinity and now reside in faaaaar northern Minnesota in the small town of Orr (pop. 276).

I'm now (and have been in the process for some time now of "Streetviewing" my way through the country. Being that I'm pretty much a broke ass that lives MILES from anywhere too interesting and dont really have the funds or time to be a TRUE BLUE road geek.

This "hobby" has actually garnered more questions than answers, and plenty of theories and ideas that I've often thought of sharing on this forum. But always end up figuring it would just more or less be filler on a forum that is mostly based in fact as opposed to the possible. But I must say i do find myself mostly heading for the fictional highway section more than others. Anyhoo...

I look forward to reading and posting and learning more.
Aaron

froggie

Orr isn't exactly near Bemidji....or do you go to Bemidji State?

dislocatedkid

Oops...forgot to change that on here...moved back to Orr last November from Bemidji....fixed

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.