News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Future civil engineer here

Started by roadcrazed, June 13, 2013, 10:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadcrazed

Hey everyone, my name is Scott, and I'm really glad I found this forum. I'm a recent high school graduate and this year I'm going to the University of Texas at Arlington to study civil engineering. Roads and highways really fascinate me, and I'd love to design them for a living one day. I'm a bit obsessed, actually. I have my own blog called Road Crazed. I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time here this summer.  :D

Alps

Your blog is very well written, and I find myself clicking through (reading about Russians hiring ambulances right now). Welcome aboard!

roadcrazed

Quote from: Steve on June 13, 2013, 11:19:39 PM
Your blog is very well written, and I find myself clicking through (reading about Russians hiring ambulances right now). Welcome aboard!
Thanks! I'm hoping to be able to work on my blog a bit more now that school's out and I don't have much to do with my life for the next couple of months (except work, I guess).

agentsteel53

Quote from: roadcrazed on June 13, 2013, 10:54:11 PM
Hey everyone, my name is Scott

you're gonna have to pick a new name.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Brandon

Welcome.  I suggest taking the FE exam just before you graduate.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

roadfro

Always good to see another civil engineering student. I'd recommend taking the FE the semester before you graduate...just in case you don't pass it the first time (I knew several people that had to take it more than once).
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.