kirbykart

On Massachusetts Route 2, Exit 70 is signed for:
MA-128
ORANGE CTR
WORCESTER
and Exit 101 is signed for:
I-190
WORCESTER
That's 31 miles along the road between two exits that use the same control city. If you have any other examples like this, feel free to share!

1995hoo

I-95 in South Carolina–Exit 86 and Exit 160 are both signed (in one direction, anyway) for Columbia (I-26 and I-20, respectively). That's 74 miles apart.

Edited to add:

Also I-75 in Florida–Exit 228 and Exit 274 (46 miles apart) both list I-275 to St. Petersburg.

I-65 in Alabama–Exit 171 in Montgomery is for I-85 north to Atlanta; Exit 261B in Birmingham (90 miles north) is for I-20 east to Atlanta.

One more: I-70 has exit signs listing Chicago some 224 miles apart–one in Indianapolis, the other near St. Louis where the road joins I-55 and I-270 splits off–although technically the latter sign is for an exit from I-270. I'd still count it because the I-270 exit is directly accessible from I-70 there (no using a single-lane ramp or cloverleaf loop or the like).

When you think about it, this shouldn't be too terribly unusual when there's a very significant city, no other places of significance, and roads configured somewhat like a triangle.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

wanderer2575

kirbykart

Wow that Chicago one is crazy. You know, I don't know a whole lot outside of the Northeast, it's cool to see people's opinions who know about a lot more of the country's roads!

kirbykart

Ted$8roadFan

I-10 in Florida: Pensacola, Tallahassee, Lake City, Jacksonville.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.