News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Longest stretch of road spent listening to one song

Started by ftballfan, April 12, 2011, 11:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ftballfan

What is the longest stretch of road you have spent listening to one song?

One time, I was heading to the Detroit area along I-96. Just as I passed M-6 (Exit 46), the live version of Freebird (14 minutes long) came on the radio. It didn't end until I was near Exit 64.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfRTC9st-Qs&feature=feedlik

agentsteel53

some 30+ minute version of Dazed and Confused, on the Alaska Highway, doing 110+

that's gotta have covered a good 50 miles.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

OracleUsr

10 minutes on I-77 in Yadkin County (at 70mph, about 12 miles), listening to "Green Grass and High Tides" by the Outlaws.
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

Dr Frankenstein

Started Genesis' Supper's Ready while on A-40 in Quebec City. I was in Beaupré when it ended.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

22 minutes with Kraftwerk's Autobahn on I-70 east out of Columbus.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Duke87

I don't ever repeat songs, so I suppose in my case "2112" by Rush wins by default. I keep that CD in my car, so this has been featured on multiple roadtrips. Just over 20 minutes long.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

berberry

Quote from: Adam Smith on April 12, 2011, 05:31:03 PM
22 minutes with Kraftwerk's Autobahn on I-70 east out of Columbus.

Me too, on a trip to Houston TX last year.  A close runner-up would be Iron Maiden's Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, which clocks about 16 or 17 minutes.  These two, along with other lengthy tracks, are often my traveling companions.

Works of classical music are even longer.  On a recent trip to the MS Gulf Coast I listened to Beethoven's 9th Symphony (Ode To Joy), which I think runs close to an hour.

english si

Dream Theatre's Octavarium (24 minutes long) once took me from about Shrewsbury to about the Welsh border on the A5.

OracleUsr

I forgot about 2112.  I took a trip from southern Marietta to Lake Alatoona (sp?) and back.  Right about the time I turned on Highway 92 in Acworth, it started and ended as I came back to Marietta.
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

Tarkus

McMinnville, Oregon to somewhere between Rickreall and Monmouth, OR along OR-99W (~25 miles) while listening to Yes' "The Revealing Science of God".

ftballfan

Classic rock from the 1970s, especially Southern rock, is usually good driving music and quite a few songs from that era approach or exceed 10 minutes in length. I just looked up and listened to Green Grass and High Tides, and it is a very good driving song.

froggie

There's an Allman Brothers jam (on Eat A Peach) that lasts 33-and-change minutes.

berberry

Quote from: froggie on April 18, 2011, 08:56:19 AM
There's an Allman Brothers jam (on Eat A Peach) that lasts 33-and-change minutes.

Mountain Jam, yes, I remember that one.  I love the Allman Brothers, but that song goes on a bit too long. 

Every time I hear the name of that album, for obvious reasons I think about the tragic death of Duane Allman in a motorcycle accident.  One of the greatest at slide guitar, he was.  Died much too young!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.