News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Free association

Started by bandit957, June 17, 2021, 07:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurumi

I'm pretty sure I commented this in another thread, but when I was a wee lad, there were several "big 3" groups in an American kid's life:
* General Mills, Kellogg, Post
* ABC, NBC, CBS
* Ford, Chevy, Chrysler

And for some reason the #1, #2, #3 felt like they matched between groups (e.g. CBS was like Post and Chrysler)

Also NL == NFC == odd numbers == north/south
and AL == AFC == even numbers == east/west

The first two in each resemble each other, no surprise, but the NFC/odd is just a feeling.

Here's a fun song that completely denies the idea of synesthesia as such hogwash and balderdash:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHT27-Dzweg
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

formulanone

Quote from: bandit957 on June 18, 2021, 10:46:43 PM
For a while, I think I associated each state with a color, based on a plastic United States puzzle I had when I was very, very young. I'm pretty sure Connecticut was aqua but I don't remember any of the other states. Ohio and Tennessee might have been dark blue, and Michigan might have been red.

I still associate states with the colors used on a puzzle map I received as a gift around 1979-1980. If I thought about it for a little while, I could probably still recall each states' color. (Gentle tints of yellow, purple, pink, orange, and green were used; I used to think they were part of the same "team" if their color matched.)

Just imagine the alliance of Massachusetts, Alabama, Kentucky, California, and Iowa if they ever had to squabble with the league of Louisiana, Maryland, Tennessee, Arizona, and South Dakota...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.