News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Pathmark to re-open in Brooklyn’s East Flatbush neighborhood

Started by kevinb1994, January 04, 2019, 03:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinb1994

It has been a Key Food for some time now, but apparently was slated to become a FoodTown before plans were modified to allow it become a Pathmark again. Since the whole A&P/Pathmark bankruptcy debacle, Foodtown has gotten the rights to the Pathmark banner. I'd like to see Pathmark to attempt a return to both Long Island and New Jersey.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that I grew up near a former Foodtown location in Franklin Park, New Jersey which become a Edwards followed by Super Stop and Shop and then just Stop and Shop before sitting vacant due to moving further down the road and also due to the Great Recession. Recently it was a Stein Mart although even that didn't last (it closed during 2016-2017 as we were getting ready to move south to Jacksonville, FL) and now the property sits vacant again, with it being split internally to make it work for Stein Mart but failing to attract an additional tenant in the former supermarket space. Maybe it'll become a supermarket again? IMO it could be torn down as the shopping center as a whole has not aged particularly well.

NOTE: Jacksonville, Florida is home to Stein Mart HQ in addition to Winn-Dixie (originally known as Winn & Lovett and Dixie Home) HQ.

roadman65

That would be nice to reopen that chain as they were iconic in the 70's and 80's.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

kevinb1994

roadman65

Too bad Actor James Karen could not be around to do the commercials again.

I used to like his "Who could ask for anything more!" when he did them in the day.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.