News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgb191

More of the same conditions as we've consistently seen most of this January -- still remaining comfortably (and unseasonably) mild temperatures here.

BROWNSVILLE:      84 high (+10);  67 low (+13)
CORPUS CHRISTI:  81 high (+11);  64 low (+12)
LAREDO:               82 high (+12);  63 low (+14)
McALLEN:              88 high (+14);  66 low (+13)

A cool/dry front is expected to bring some unstable weather in the form of thunderstorms, a few cells might become severe depending on the magnitude of wind shear associated with it.  Heat Index certainly won't be much higher than the air temperature; a couple of places might see Heat Index approaching 90 degrees but most of the area will be feeling the actual temperature itself.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Billy F 1988

Light snow and 30 in Missoula. Gonna get cold again this upcoming weekend. The local NWS office in Missoula is calling a 50% chance of single digit highs and possible single to double digit wind chill readings in Western Montana from Saturday into portions of Monday next week with a polar clipper coming into play. This will be another upcoming cold snap since the mid-December cold snaps.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

JayhawkCO

23° and flurries. I like snow, but I'm ready for a spell without it. Let the mountains keep it all.

CoreySamson

Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

JayhawkCO

Quote from: CoreySamson on January 25, 2023, 05:56:03 PM
No snow accumulation.  :(

We only got about 1/2". It's supposed to be sunny tomorrow so it'll all melt off.

Ted$8roadFan

ET21

Had our first decent snow in over a month with 2-4" across the area. Trending towards much colder and snowier over the next 7-10 days, very active pattern expected to set up.
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Billy F 1988

Just now in the head end of the artic clipper coming through Montana. It's 34 now, but it won't be long before the overnight temperatures drop to sub-zero. Currently under an active Winter Storm Warning for my area until 11 AM MST Saturday. The wind chills are already dropping as the wind blows around the new snow and freezing wet roads.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Ted$8roadFan

ZLoth

Following up on my post from January 5th, 2023. Per California Department of Water Resources:

And, as of this writing, per Drought Monitor, 32.57% is in a D2+ "Severe Drought" state. None of the state is currently in a D3+ state.

Again, it should be noted that a good chunk of the state's water reserve comes from the Sierra Nevada mountains.
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

Ted$8roadFan

gonealookin

The dull grey of winter today, on and off rain, some gusty winds.  Air temperature probably in the low 70s but with the rain and wind it felt cool.  The emptiness of this usually-crowded beach says something about the conditions...not at all what you're hoping for when you're sitting in this spot taking this shot.  :-|

ZLoth

When I woke up in North Dallas this morning at 7 AM, the temperature was 60℉. That was the high for the day. It has dropped steadily the entire day, and is now 31℉.

Tuesday is going to be interesting. The temperature range is forecast to be between 29-31℉. And wet. Did I mention that my driving plans for that day involve staying home instead of trying my laughable winter driving skills on the ice rinks?
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

jgb191

It's too bad that South Texas doesn't have its own NFL team (even though I am very confident that we are capable of supporting one, but that's for another thread, so I'll just leave it at that); our winter climate would have been perfectly ideal conditions to host a Super Bowl just like South Florida.....not too hot and not too cold. 

Sunday's temperatures:

BROWNSVILLE:      87 high (+13); 69 low (+15)
CORPUS CHRISTI:  84 high (+13); 66 low (+13)
LAREDO:               86 high (+14); 64 low (+14)
McALLEN:              90 high (+15); 71 low (+17)
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

ZLoth

The NWS Fort Worth has issued a Winter Storm Warning for North Texas including the DFW area. And driving on a ice skating rink doesn't appeal to me, so I'm staying home.

webny99

Quote from: gonealookin on January 29, 2023, 06:50:07 PM
The dull grey of winter today, on and off rain, some gusty winds.  Air temperature probably in the low 70s but with the rain and wind it felt cool.  The emptiness of this usually-crowded beach says something about the conditions...not at all what you're hoping for when you're sitting in this spot taking this shot.  :-|

Is this sarcasm? I sure hope so. That looks beautiful and nothing at all like the real gray of winter.

JayhawkCO

hotdogPi

Quote from: JayhawkCO on January 30, 2023, 09:36:12 AM
-7° and sunny.

Chicago is always 2 days before me. You're slightly farther than twice the distance from my location to Chicago. The cold front here begins in the middle of the day 4 days from now. Everything checks out.

That said, this "rule" applies more to precipitation and hot temperatures; we don't typically get extremely low temperatures after Chicago gets them.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

CoreySamson

19 degrees with thundersleet in Tulsa. Never thought I'd say that on here.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

gonealookin

Quote from: webny99 on January 30, 2023, 08:03:10 AM
Quote from: gonealookin on January 29, 2023, 06:50:07 PM

Is this sarcasm? I sure hope so. That looks beautiful and nothing at all like the real gray of winter.

"Dull grey of winter", yes that is sarcasm, but it's kind of disappointing to come over here and not see the sun at all, which was the case Saturday and Sunday, and to have to shelter under umbrella and poncho from rain on the beach most of Sunday (until giving up and heading for the bar).  November-January are the rainiest months so it's not totally unexpected.

Bruce

Yesterday was sunny and cold, last night just cold, and now we're back to the normal clouds and temperatures in the 40s. Not too bad of a weekend.

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

7/8

I'm currently in Park City, UT for the week and the ski conditions are fantastic! No ice on the hill. :thumbsup:

Tonight's low is a brisk -25C/-13 F, but the temperature will warm up by Wednesday with a high of -2C/29F. Lots of blue skies for the week which is nice too.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.