News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Buc-ees outside of Texas.

Started by roadman65, June 07, 2019, 10:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Speaking of Buc-ees, CBS Sunday morning did a feature on the owner and president of Buc-ees this past weekend.
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/welcome-to-buc-ees/
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

jgb191

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=3750.msg82450#msg82450

I posted some pics of the location just outside the town of Wharton, Texas; it was one of the original flagship stores right by the US 59.  It's in a thread I posted on here nearly 12 years ago.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Elm

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

hbelkins

Opening date set for the first Kentucky location. I'll be headed down there, as it's only about 40 miles away, sometime after the novelty wears off and the inaugural crowds thin out.

https://www.kentucky.com/lexgoeat/restaurants/article260106255.html#storylink=mainstage_card5

74/171FAN

I doubt the inaugural crowds will ever thin out unless you go at 3 AM.  That is my Buc-ees experience so far.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

ibthebigd

I've gone to Buc-ee's on Christmas Day and it was still crazy busy

SM-G996U

hbelkins

Quote from: ibthebigd on April 05, 2022, 01:18:03 PM
I've gone to Buc-ee's on Christmas Day and it was still crazy busy

SM-G996U

Probably because it's one of the few places open. Traveling from New Jersey to Maryland on Christmas Day three decades ago is how I discovered Sheetz. It was a blessing to be able to have a meatball sub because nothing else was open. This was long before their much-more-varied MTO menu was unveiled.

Great Lakes Roads

Quote from: hbelkins on April 05, 2022, 01:03:19 PM
Opening date set for the first Kentucky location. I'll be headed down there, as it's only about 40 miles away, sometime after the novelty wears off and the inaugural crowds thin out.

https://www.kentucky.com/lexgoeat/restaurants/article260106255.html#storylink=mainstage_card5

I will be there on opening day!  :-D

thenetwork

There's talk of a Buc-ee's making a first time appearance in Colorado somewhere south of Denver along the I-25 corridor...

kevinb1994

Quote from: thenetwork on April 05, 2022, 09:52:35 PM
There's talk of a Buc-ee's making a first time appearance in Colorado somewhere south of Denver along the I-25 corridor...
It would probably be in or near Colorado Springs, since it'd be in between the capital city and Pueblo.

chrisdiaz

hbelkins

They must be expecting a lot of traffic at the Kentucky Buc-ees. KYTC has installed a traffic signal at the entrance and has it on flash now. I think it's scheduled to be activated before the store opens.

wriddle082

Quote from: hbelkins on April 12, 2022, 11:42:36 AM
They must be expecting a lot of traffic at the Kentucky Buc-ees. KYTC has installed a traffic signal at the entrance and has it on flash now. I think it's scheduled to be activated before the store opens.

Yeah yesterday I passed by the I-95/SC 327 exit where they're building the Florence Buc-ee's, and they were widening the existing two lane northbound off-ramp to three lanes so they could have two left turn lanes towards it.  Since the ramp is concrete, they have big slabs missing right now, and it's keeping the ramp backed up due to the normal heavy right-turning traffic that is Myrtle Beach-bound.  They now even have an Alternate SC 327 routing signed using the infamous TV Road exit.

74/171FAN

Quote from: wriddle082 on April 12, 2022, 04:19:50 PM

Yeah yesterday I passed by the I-95/SC 327 exit where they're building the Florence Buc-ee's, and they were widening the existing two lane northbound off-ramp to three lanes so they could have two left turn lanes towards it.  Since the ramp is concrete, they have big slabs missing right now, and it's keeping the ramp backed up due to the normal heavy right-turning traffic that is Myrtle Beach-bound.  They now even have an Alternate SC 327 routing signed using the infamous TV Road exit.

Is the route signed normally or with DETOUR Signs?
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: kevinb1994 on April 06, 2022, 02:01:32 AM
Quote from: thenetwork on April 05, 2022, 09:52:35 PM
It would probably be in or near Colorado Springs, since it'd be in between the capital city and Pueblo.

It's north of Denver off I-25 in Johnstown.

Mapmikey

Quote from: 74/171FAN on April 12, 2022, 04:24:59 PM

Found one assembly on GMSV - https://goo.gl/maps/9uPRZJX2P3bWFUXH8

Other views show signs covered with plastic which is not what I would consider normal practice if the route were intended to be a real SC 327 ALT.

Also to wit:  There is a covered sign at the end of the alternate routing, which also makes no sense if this were SC 327 ALT - https://goo.gl/maps/Ppy6E85zzq8DVJhT7

And finally:  There are no postings in the opposite direction.

74/171FAN

^Yeah, I guess you should clarify whether SCDOT plans to remove the signs once the construction is over.  Sometimes these routes just get really strange.

wriddle082

Quote from: Mapmikey on April 13, 2022, 08:43:34 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on April 12, 2022, 04:24:59 PM

Found one assembly on GMSV - https://goo.gl/maps/9uPRZJX2P3bWFUXH8

Other views show signs covered with plastic which is not what I would consider normal practice if the route were intended to be a real SC 327 ALT.

Also to wit:  There is a covered sign at the end of the alternate routing, which also makes no sense if this were SC 327 ALT - https://goo.gl/maps/Ppy6E85zzq8DVJhT7

And finally:  There are no postings in the opposite direction.

That GMSV coverage must be extremely recent.  I'm fairly certain the Alternate SC 327 signage wasn't up the time before last when I was northbound on 95 in that area (the last time being Monday), which would have been on 2/28.

Great Lakes Roads

I-39

I heard something about a Murfreesboro, TN location? Can anyone confirm?

wriddle082

Quote from: I-39 on April 16, 2022, 09:34:28 PM

I know they're building locations in Crossville and Kodak (where TN 66 meets I-40 north of Sevierville), and the Kodak location will break any previous "world's largest convenience store"  records.  I think my brother told me they were indeed going to build one at I-24 Exit 84, now that I think about it.

hbelkins

Quote from: wriddle082 on April 16, 2022, 09:57:13 PM
Quote from: I-39 on April 16, 2022, 09:34:28 PM

I know they're building locations in Crossville and Kodak (where TN 66 meets I-40 north of Sevierville), and the Kodak location will break any previous "world's largest convenience store"  records.  I think my brother told me they were indeed going to build one at I-24 Exit 84, now that I think about it.

They're going to build one at Oak Grove (just inside Kentucky) on I-24, but I don't know at which exit, KY 115 or Alternate US 41.

roadman65

https://goo.gl/maps/aXZVfXC13hCrPGpK9

Here is one that is hard to believe.  Not outside the state of Texas, but one that has a normal size store and gas station that actually fits into a normal size corner lot.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

sprjus4

Quote from: roadman65 on April 25, 2022, 11:44:41 AM
https://goo.gl/maps/aXZVfXC13hCrPGpK9

Here is one that is hard to believe.  Not outside the state of Texas, but one that has a normal size store and gas station that actually fits into a normal size corner lot.
A number of their original stores were that small size.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.