News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

hello from sunny colorado

Started by zachary_amaryllis, August 05, 2020, 10:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachary_amaryllis

read about this stuff for years, its rather intriguing. not sure why, but its an interesting read.
things i'm curious about: ramp metering, roundabouts, diverging diamonds, and just oddities in general.
thanks for reading.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Ben114

kevinb1994

Sunny Colorado is a place unlike some of the places I have been to so far, I have only been there virtually thanks to fellow YouTube roadgeeks such as FreewayJim. Hello from sunny Florida!

M3100

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

webny99

ozarkman417

Greetings from Southwest Missouri!  :wave:

STLmapboy

Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

I-55

Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on August 05, 2020, 10:00:37 AM
read about this stuff for years, its rather intriguing. not sure why, but its an interesting read.
things i'm curious about: ramp metering, roundabouts, diverging diamonds, and just oddities in general.
thanks for reading.

Indiana will give you plenty of diverging diamonds and roundabouts. Don't know so much about ramp meters but I personally won't trust them.

I just joined recently too, after reading this forum for the better part of five years, I've enjoyed so far and I think you will too.

Oh, and Hi from the Boilermaker State
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: I-55 on August 09, 2020, 02:28:46 AM
Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on August 05, 2020, 10:00:37 AM
thanks for reading.

Indiana will give you plenty of diverging diamonds and roundabouts. Don't know so much about ramp meters but I personally won't trust them.

I just joined recently too, after reading this forum for the better part of five years, I've enjoyed so far and I think you will too.

Oh, and Hi from the Boilermaker State

the ramp meter thing, i suspect makes sense in a way that's beyond what i understand. on the basic level, seems like a terrible idea - right when you want your foot to the floor to merge into traffic at around the same speed as everyone else, you have to stop. in denver, i see it backing up onto surface streets at times.

i mean, the 'idea' behind it seems solid..

i live out in the boonies, so i don't interact with them much.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.