News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Hello it's me

Started by lepidopteran, January 28, 2013, 07:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lepidopteran

Hi, my name is Mike, but I've been known on the MTR board for years as "Lepidopteran", and before that, "Grover".  I hail from the Baltimore/DC area, and am familiar with the highways from the Mid-Atlantic area to western Ohio, plus a few other locations.  It is good to be here.

One reason for my old screen name of Grover: as a small child in the early 1970s, I lived in NJ, and basically watched them expand the NJTP truck lanes from Exit 10 to Exit 9.  That stretch made me think of Sesame Street because of the service plazas named for Grover Cleveland and Molly Pitcher.  (At the time, Sesame Street had a short lived character named Molly, who was a Mail Lady)  Also, we took Exit 13 to get to Brooklyn; Channel 13 is WNET, the PBS station in New York. (Although in Central New Jersey, we could also get Channel 12, the PBS station in both Philly and Wilmington, and Exit 12 is probably the only exit on the turnpike mainline that I never got on or off.

ctsignguy

Welcome......hope you have a good time here

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.