Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic

US 50/301(Chesapeake Bay Bridge)

<< < (2/77) > >>

froggie:
More recently, MdTA is having a Finance Committee meeting today to hear proposals about how to increase revenue by $88 million (the article says $70M, but it's been tweeted since then that they're now looking at $88M).  One of the proposals to come out of it will increase Bay Bridge tolls to $5 later this fall, and to $8 on New Year's 2013.  This basically represents a doubling and tripling, respectively, of today's toll which is $2.50.

A related proposal would effectively eliminate the Hatem Bridge decal system for local residents/commuters.  Currently they can buy a decal for $10/yr for unlimited use.  The proposal eliminates that and requires them to get an EZPass (if they don't have one already) and pay $36/yr for unlimited Hatem Bridge use.

The revenue increase is intended to address the agency's bond status and also for increased maintenance.

The full proposal will have to go through a series of public hearings, but approval from the Maryland General Assembly is not required.

Michael in Philly:
Froggie (et al.), I just went to DC today, and I picked up the Baltimore Sun when I stopped at a Wawa near Edgewood for a sandwich.  The top story in the Sun - and on WTOP early this afternoon - was the proposed toll increases.  I haven't read the Sun story yet; and the WTOP story mentioned, intriguingly, discounts for E-ZPass holders, but gave no details of that.

Jennice45:
Please help me.  I live in Richmond, VA.  I am going to a conference in Ocean City, MD.  The issue that I have is I don't want to EVER cross the bay bridge (us 50) or Chesapeake Bay bridge tunnel (60 miles)  again. 

When I go to Dover, I go up to like Newark, DE and then across.  it's out of the way, but worth it.   :colorful:

agentsteel53:

--- Quote from: Jennice45 on August 25, 2011, 01:02:38 PM ---Please help me.  I live in Richmond, VA.  I am going to a conference in Ocean City, MD.  The issue that I have is I don't want to EVER cross the bay bridge (us 50) or Chesapeake Bay bridge tunnel (60 miles)  again. 

When I go to Dover, I go up to like Newark, DE and then across.  it's out of the way, but worth it.   :colorful:

--- End quote ---

if those two bridges are not an option, then via Newark appears to be the only way to get to Ocean City as well.  take your usual route to Dover, then keep heading down DE-1.

Mr_Northside:
Unless you use a different mode of transportation....  If you can find a regional flight into Salisbury, and if there is a place to rent cars around there, you could do that. 
Maybe charter a boat?

But if car is the way it's gotta be, then it seems "via Newark" is as good as it's gonna get.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version