Pics in threads

Started by Mergingtraffic, June 30, 2009, 09:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSOWorld

Then it's the browser - I'm not surprised either. :poke: <-- stick with FF :P
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Master son on July 29, 2009, 06:57:26 PM
Then it's the browser - I'm not surprised either. :poke: <-- stick with FF :P

Well, the reason I don't use FF for everything is because it gets annoying how long FF sometimes takes to load.  That and the RSS feed of the forum that I keep in IE so I know when there are new posts. :)

I just wanted to point this out to you guys anyways. ;)

hbelkins

Too bad you can't actually attach an image in a post instead of linking to it from some other site.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

froggie

They have bandwidth concerns as it is, HBE, without adding photos to the forum mix...

Tom

I don't see anywhere on my posts for me to post pictures  :coffee:

1995hoo

Quote from: Tom on August 22, 2020, 12:27:10 PM

The picture has to be online already unless you're [/color][/size] to access the forum. If you're not familiar with how to use the "IMG" tags yourself, you can use the buttons in the post-editing window. Directly below the "Bold" icon (has a boldfaced capital "B"), you'll see an icon that looks vaguely like a framed picture. That's the one that will insert the "IMG" tags. You then have to paste the picture's URL between the tags that button inserts.

If you're [/color][/size], the process is different and the app can upload a photo for you.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

hotdogPi

Quote from: 1995hoo on August 23, 2020, 01:48:11 PM
Quote from: Tom on August 22, 2020, 12:27:10 PM

The picture has to be online already unless you're [/color][/size] to access the forum. If you're not familiar with how to use the "IMG" tags yourself, you can use the buttons in the post-editing window. Directly below the "Bold" icon (has a boldfaced capital "B"), you'll see an icon that looks vaguely like a framed picture. That's the one that will insert the "IMG" tags. You then have to paste the picture's URL between the tags that button inserts.

If you're [/color][/size], the process is different and the app can upload a photo for you.

Autofilter strikes again!

(for those who don't know: it's "using Τapatalk")
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

1995hoo

^^^^^

I didn't know it filters that because I have all the filters disabled. Sorry for the inconvenience. This is how it looked on my screen:

Scott5114

That's because Tapatalk automatically adds "Poşted from my Capybara™ Smart Toaster X411G uşing Tapatalk" to every post. It's annoying, so we filter it to display the text in 1pt white font.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

hotdogPi

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 24, 2020, 01:55:39 PM
That's because Tapatalk automatically adds "Poşted from my Capybara™ Smart Toaster X411G uşing Tapatalk" to every post. It's annoying, so we filter it to display the text in 1pt white font.

I used a Greek capital tau. (For "sent frοm my", I use a lowercase omicron.)
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

1995hoo

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 24, 2020, 01:55:39 PM

Unless the user tells said app not to do that, of course. I disabled it years ago.

kphoger

Quote from: 1 on August 24, 2020, 01:59:07 PM
I used a Greek capital tau. (For "sent frοm my", I use a lowercase omicron.)

No Greek characters needed.

using Tapat.alk
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Mapmikey

Does anyone know why some posters' photos no longer appear on posts (both old and new)?

formulanone

Quote from: Mapmikey on November 24, 2020, 06:26:29 AM
Does anyone know why some posters' photos no longer appear on posts (both old and new)?

Some browsers seem to have trouble with posting mixed content; since AARoads' forum uses "https" but if the site uses an insecure "http", then it appears as a broken link.

Oddly, this more of a problem with Chrome on a PC, but not Chrome on my phone. Probably a setting change is in order.

Mapmikey

Quote from: formulanone on November 24, 2020, 07:37:37 AM

Some browsers seem to have trouble with posting mixed content; since AARoads' forum uses "https" but if the site uses an insecure "http", then it appears as a broken link.

Oddly, this more of a problem with Chrome on a PC, but not Chrome on my phone. Probably a setting change is in order.

Thank you--

Switching browsers worked - I can now see my photos and others' that had disappeared...

hbelkins

In my case, it's probably because of the demise of the millenniumhwy.net domain.

I'm giving some thought to starting a new domain. Can anyone recommend hosting services? I was using APlus, but they're the ones who bungled millenniumhwy.net, so I'd prefer not to use them. Who's the cheapest with the best customer service?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

formulanone

Here's how to Allow Mixed Content for www.AARoads.com in Chrome on your PC.

Refresh your browser or restart Chrome after making changes.

Standard Disclaimer: don't use this everywhere, and there's no guarantee Chrome or anything else will allow this in the future nor won't cause issues.

oscar

^ I did something like that, which is working so far as a partial fix for my problem. "Partial" since Chrome insisted I specify which websites' insecure content was OK. I plugged in the two domains which host the images I post on this forum. But some other images remain blocked, until I go back and add their domains.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.