Regional Boards > Northeast

NYC Roads

<< < (206/212) > >>

bluecountry:

--- Quote from: Plutonic Panda on August 05, 2021, 04:31:48 PM ---Well this is certainly welcoming news:

https://www.amny.com/transit/city-rolls-back-fifth-ave-busway/

Itís a breath of fresh air in cloud of ridiculously anti car bullshit.

--- End quote ---
No it's not, that was a good proposal.

crispy93:

--- Quote from: vdeane on October 05, 2021, 02:48:06 PM ---The signs saying trucks over a certain height need to exit onto Astoria appear to have been removed.  Is that still there in some regulation even if it's not signed?  Believe it or not, allowing commercial vehicles on select sections of parkways is not completely unprecedented.  The Lake Ontario State Parkway used to allow them in Orleans County, for example, at least until the pavement deteriorated.

--- End quote ---

I used to go over the Triboro a few times a week both before and after. There is no longer any reference to the parkway's max height until it's too late to exit, though the old pull-throughs had the clearances listed: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7716522,-73.9190935,3a,24.9y,131.07h,86.19t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sBimcf42zrb2dZwfMv4wQSA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

There's also a VMS on the bridge that says simply, "TRUCKS ALLOWED RFK TO I278/BQE"

vdeane:
One thing to keep in mind is that there was a project a couple of years ago to increase the clearances under those bridges - hence why they aren't signed anymore.  I'm not sure exactly how they did it, though.

NJRoadfan:
It doesn't look like they did anything except take down the height limit signs. Streetview comparisons doesn't so any obvious structural changes to the bridges or roadway itself.

Alps:

--- Quote from: NJRoadfan on October 10, 2021, 10:31:47 PM ---It doesn't look like they did anything except take down the height limit signs. Streetview comparisons doesn't so any obvious structural changes to the bridges or roadway itself.

--- End quote ---
Roadway was dug out more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version