Regional Boards > Northeast

NYC Roads

<< < (207/208) > >>

ixnay:
Happy Thanksgiving, American roadgeeks!

Looking at Google Maps traffic, I-278 is closed this morning from the Brooklyn end of the VNB to 7 Av both ways and again from Industry City to the Carey BBT.  Why?

vdeane:

--- Quote from: ixnay on November 25, 2021, 11:15:07 AM ---Happy Thanksgiving, American roadgeeks!

Looking at Google Maps traffic, I-278 is closed this morning from the Brooklyn end of the VNB to 7 Av both ways and again from Industry City to the Carey BBT.  Why?

--- End quote ---
That appears to be the HOV lane, not the I-278 mainline.

ixnay:

--- Quote from: vdeane on November 25, 2021, 01:06:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: ixnay on November 25, 2021, 11:15:07 AM ---Happy Thanksgiving, American roadgeeks!

--- End quote ---
That appears to be the HOV lane, not the I-278 mainline.

--- End quote ---

I should've zoomed in with my mouse roller.  [blush]

A logical closure.

roadman65:
Why does the MTA have coverings on all suspender cables for bridges like the Verrazano, the Whitestone, Throgs Neck, and even the RFK? Yet the Verrazano has some suspenders without them.

Alps:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on November 27, 2021, 11:45:04 AM ---Why does the MTA have coverings on all suspender cables for bridges like the Verrazano, the Whitestone, Throgs Neck, and even the RFK? Yet the Verrazano has some suspenders without them.

--- End quote ---
Ice protection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version