Regional Boards > Northeast

Massachusetts milepost exit numbering conversion contract

<< < (3/275) > >>

roadman:
Bids for the exit re-numbering contract were opened on Tuesday, November 17th.  Liddell Brothers of Halifax (MA) is the apparent low responsible bidder.

bob7374:

--- Quote from: roadman on November 18, 2015, 07:23:58 PM ---Bids for the exit re-numbering contract were opened on Tuesday, November 17th.  Liddell Brothers of Halifax (MA) is the apparent low responsible bidder.

--- End quote ---
Will MassDOT be issuing a press release about the awarding of this contract or will they wait to issue many statements to specific local media before a particular route is re-numbered? Has there been any determination as to which route will be switched first? IMO I would start with MA 57, since that route is short and has no existing exit numbers.

spooky:

--- Quote from: bob7374 on November 19, 2015, 10:47:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: roadman on November 18, 2015, 07:23:58 PM ---Bids for the exit re-numbering contract were opened on Tuesday, November 17th.  Liddell Brothers of Halifax (MA) is the apparent low responsible bidder.

--- End quote ---
Will MassDOT be issuing a press release about the awarding of this contract or will they wait to issue many statements to specific local media before a particular route is re-numbered? Has there been any determination as to which route will be switched first? IMO I would start with MA 57, since that route is short and has no existing exit numbers.

--- End quote ---

I would hope that there are specific sequencing details in the contract.

The Ghostbuster:
Which state will make the switch to milepost next?

roadman:

--- Quote from: bob7374 on November 19, 2015, 10:47:07 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Note that the contract has not yet been formally awarded to Liddell (which is why I stated "apparent low responsible bidder" in my previous post).  Therefore, I personally doubt that MassDOT will issue a formal press release about contract award until Liddell actually receives their notice to proceed.  As for how MassDOT's PR folks intend to handle public notification of this work as it progresses, I do not know how that will happen at this time and, thus, cannot speak to (or speculate on) that aspect of the project.

As far as scheduling of which routes will be done in what sequence, I strongly suspect that this will be based on location and length of routes.  Nevertheless, both the Contractor's overall schedule and sequence of installation (which is a subset of the overall schedule) will have to be reviewed and approved by MassDOT well before they send crews out to actually install overlays and signs - this will almost certainly be a topic of discussion at the pre-construction conference for the contract.

I could not find this specifically stated in the contract special provisions or detail sheets, however, it is my understanding that it will be a condition of approval of the Contractor's overall schedule and sequence of installation that any given individual route(s) will be re-numbered completely before work on any other route(s) can be started - this is obviously to minimize the amount of time when 'partial' numbers are in place on any given route.  When you compare the quantities in the contract traffic control bid items (850.xxx series items in the bid list) against the total contract duration, they appear to reflect the fact that the Contractor will need to have multiple crews working on one or more routes at the same time. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version