Regional Boards > Northwest

New SR 520 Floating Bridge

<< < (2/15) > >>

kkt:

--- Quote from: jakeroot on January 14, 2016, 02:58:53 PM ---Here's the final design. Note the tall lit structures, called "sentinels", which will be "armed with lasers to fend off marauding invaders", as well as "amuse our feline overlords" (1):

Jokes aside, I think they're just tall things that can look cool at night...

--- End quote ---

That really looks like the Transamerica Pyramid, except in color.

Henry:

--- Quote from: kkt on January 14, 2016, 03:27:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: jakeroot on January 14, 2016, 02:58:53 PM ---Here's the final design. Note the tall lit structures, called "sentinels", which will be "armed with lasers to fend off marauding invaders", as well as "amuse our feline overlords" (1):

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
To me, that looks like it could be something from the Wizard of Oz, but then again, Seattle is called the Emerald City for a reason  :)

triplemultiplex:

--- Quote from: Henry on January 15, 2016, 01:04:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: kkt on January 14, 2016, 03:27:24 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
To me, that looks like it could be something from the Wizard of Oz, but then again, Seattle is called the Emerald City for a reason  :)

--- End quote ---

This bridge is on Romulus.  It just needs a certain silhouette of a predatory bird on it somewhere.

The Ghostbuster:
Will the new inside lane be an HOT Lane?

jakeroot:

--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on January 19, 2016, 05:17:04 PM ---Will the new inside lane be an HOT Lane?

--- End quote ---

HOV for now, but perhaps HOT in the future. The bridge itself is tolled so they're probably holding off. Lots of congestion is avoided in the first place with the bridge toll, which varies depending on the time of day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version