Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic

MD 30 Hampstead bypass

<< < (3/3)

Ian:

--- Quote from: AlpsROADS on January 06, 2010, 07:38:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: froggie on January 04, 2010, 10:36:13 PM ---
--- Quote ---Think this also happens on NY 85's Slingerlands Bypass.
--- End quote ---

Only at the north end as you head towards the original freeway construction at the Thruway.  Otherwise, NY 85 is fully 4 lanes in between each roundabout.

--- End quote ---
Accepted.  I may have been remembering a phase between when the bypass opened and when construction was completed, or I may just be wrong.

--- End quote ---

I heard plans there were going to extend the dualization of NY 85 from its current dualization end to the Slingerlands roundabouts. Is this true? I went by there this past Thanksgiving and there was an empty roadbed alongside NY 85 between Krumkill Rd to the roundabouts which looks as if they are widening it. Just making sure.

Alps:

--- Quote from: PennDOTFan on January 06, 2010, 10:03:45 PM ---
I heard plans there were going to extend the dualization of NY 85 from its current dualization end to the Slingerlands roundabouts. Is this true? I went by there this past Thanksgiving and there was an empty roadbed alongside NY 85 between Krumkill Rd to the roundabouts which looks as if they are widening it. Just making sure.

--- End quote ---
Froggie's got me scared to reply now ;-) but I think that's just there reserved in case it's ever needed.

Ian:

--- Quote from: AlpsROADS on January 07, 2010, 09:24:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: PennDOTFan on January 06, 2010, 10:03:45 PM ---

--- End quote ---
Froggie's got me scared to reply now ;-) but I think that's just there reserved in case it's ever needed.

--- End quote ---

I see. I don't really see a reason to widen it, traffic is fine as it is. Heck, it was fine even before the circles and rerouting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version