Regional Boards > Southeast

Florida

<< < (657/658) > >>

NE2:
Sometime recently, signs pointing the way from 15 north to 50 west were changed from a big box on Robinson and Magnolia to a jughandle on Hillcrest and Shine.

D-Dey65:
This muscle car dealership on FL 546 in Lakeland;
https://www.google.com/maps/@28.0548341,-81.990654,3a,26.5y,354.11h,89.21t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1surLKV4ou9eiyElh4z_XTXA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en
it's a gas station and convenience store now.

On my recent day trip, I tried to get the road sign here, and I missed it.

--- Quote from: NE2 on August 27, 2021, 03:34:49 PM ---Sometime recently, signs pointing the way from 15 north to 50 west were changed from a big box on Robinson and Magnolia to a jughandle on Hillcrest and Shine.

--- End quote ---
Well, that makes sense, since it's closer to 50. Although Shine has signs pointing in both directions on 50. It almost makes me think they're attempting the DeLand approach between US 17/92 and SR 40.

D-Dey65:
Does everyone remember when I posted my discovery of the former truck weigh station on US 92 west of Lakeland? I think I may have discovered another one on US 17-92 in Haines City, and it's a used car lot now.

Dirt Roads:

--- Quote from: D-Dey65 on September 26, 2021, 08:38:04 PM ---Does everyone remember when I posted my discovery of the former truck weigh station on US 92 west of Lakeland? I think I may have discovered another one on US 17-92 in Haines City, and it's a used car lot now.

--- End quote ---

That looks like an old stretch of pavement on a former routing parallel to the railroad (CSXT, former Atlantic Coast Line).  If you look carefully, that old pavement and/or gravel is still visible along the edge of the railroad right-of-way all the way up until US-17/US-92 comes back over just north of Pomona Heights.  It actually looks like much of it is getting some backroad use starting at Shamrock Road (just north of Haines City), going up behind the industrial machine junkyard and ending there at the main junkyard complex.

D-Dey65:

--- Quote from: Dirt Roads on September 26, 2021, 10:03:18 PM ---That looks like an old stretch of pavement on a former routing parallel to the railroad (CSXT, former Atlantic Coast Line).  If you look carefully, that old pavement and/or gravel is still visible along the edge of the railroad right-of-way all the way up until US-17/US-92 comes back over just north of Pomona Heights.  It actually looks like much of it is getting some backroad use starting at Shamrock Road (just north of Haines City), going up behind the industrial machine junkyard and ending there at the main junkyard complex.

--- End quote ---
I considered that too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version