Regional Boards > Central States

Expanded Kansas/Oklahoma/Texas toll transponder interoperability now here!

(1/15) > >>

route56:
I still haven't tested my K-TAG in Oklahoma. Now, I may need to try the Sam Rayburn Tollway.

--- Quote from: Kansas Turnpike Authority ---WICHITA, Kan.—Seamless regional travel has been expanded. The Kansas Turnpike Authority’s K-TAG now works on all Texas toll roads. KTA also accepts all Texas toll transponders in its electronic lanes. Customers who use multiple transponders to travel in Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas are asked to remove all but one transponder to prevent double billing issues.

“We’re excited to make regional travel easier for our customers as the summer travel season begins,” said KTA CEO Steve Hewitt. “This partnership will help facilitate future compatibility efforts with other states’ toll systems.”

This expanded interoperability is due to the creation of the Central States Hub between Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas. The “hub”, which took more than 18 months to implement, facilitates transaction communication between the different tolling authorities from the three
states.

--- End quote ---

Bobby5280:
I wonder if this affects Oklahoma's PikePass system. Previously the OTA PikePass has been inter-operable on Kansas and Dallas-Fort Worth area toll roads, but not inter-operable on Houston area toll roads or other toll roads using the TX Tag system (like in Austin).

RoadWarrior56:
The lack of compatibility between the various toll systems is a joke.  There might be more political acceptance of some of the various tolling proposals if it were more convenient and transparent for motorists to pay the tolls, notwithstanding what state you are from.

I have a PeachPass transponder, but I can't use it on EZ-Pass.  I visit the Louisville area  4 times a year and cross the new toll bridges frequently and I can't use PeachPass there either.  PeachPass is supposed to work with SunPass, but it didn't work at approximately half of the toll locations when I was in Florida.

Sorry for the out of topic rant, but I had to vent when I saw the subject of this thread.

J N Winkler:

--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on May 18, 2017, 04:41:22 PM ---I wonder if this affects Oklahoma's PikePass system. Previously the OTA PikePass has been inter-operable on Kansas and Dallas-Fort Worth area toll roads, but not inter-operable on Houston area toll roads or other toll roads using the TX Tag system (like in Austin).
--- End quote ---

I suspect it does expand interoperability for PikePass customers because, AIUI, the hub shares customer files out to all participating agencies.  Publicity is probably on its way to you; I first heard of this development (as, I suspect, did Richie) through the KTA's "Turnpike Times" email newsletter.

(As it happens, the other day I went for a walk in the neighborhood and passed a car with Oklahoma plates that had both a K-Tag and a PikePass.  This is how you make toll agencies smile.)

Baloo Uriza:

--- Quote from: J N Winkler on May 18, 2017, 09:24:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on May 18, 2017, 04:41:22 PM ---I wonder if this affects Oklahoma's PikePass system. Previously the OTA PikePass has been inter-operable on Kansas and Dallas-Fort Worth area toll roads, but not inter-operable on Houston area toll roads or other toll roads using the TX Tag system (like in Austin).
--- End quote ---

I suspect it does expand interoperability for PikePass customers because, AIUI, the hub shares customer files out to all participating agencies.  Publicity is probably on its way to you; I first heard of this development (as, I suspect, did Richie) through the KTA's "Turnpike Times" email newsletter.

(As it happens, the other day I went for a walk in the neighborhood and passed a car with Oklahoma plates that had both a K-Tag and a PikePass.  This is how you make toll agencies smile.)

--- End quote ---

We've had PIKEPASS interoperability on KTA and NTTA roads for about a year now.  But, I don't have a reason to go that deep into Kansas, and Dallas is a hot mess of public and private toll roads and not obvious who operates what, plus all the toll roads in the DFW area have state highways immediately adjacent so I don't bother with 'em at all when I'm there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version