News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Wyoming Highway 213

Started by corco, January 30, 2009, 06:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corco

Does anybody know what the deal with WYO 213 is? It's marked in all route logs and on AA Roads as ending in Burns...which is great. But, I noticed the other day driving on WYO 216 and US-85 the following signage
From WYO 216 west bound

and US-85 northbound

Does anybody know what this is all about or what it could be? I might head over that way tomorrow and drive down Burns N Rd from Burns all the way to the US-85 junction to see what it's all about, but it's sort of strange and at least from the junctions seemed to be built up to state highway standards (whatever those are in Wyoming)

John

Maybe WY-213 used to go up to US-85, but it got decommissioned. IDK really.
They came, they went, they took my image...

corco

I've looked at a few old maps of the state highway system at our local map library but there's no indication that this was ever the case. It's possible that it was recently extended as well (as the signs appear to be of relatively new manufacture) but it hasn't shown up on the SHS map and there's nothing about it on the WyDOT website

Scott5114

Could be a sign error. Best bet might be to email WyDOT and see if they can clarify it.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

agentsteel53

no, don't email WyDOT.  Those look like older-generation yellow and brown shields.  do we really want them taken down and made into DO NOT ENTER signs???
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

agentsteel53

oh okay ... in that case go ahead and tell 'em about it ;)
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

andy3175

Well, the map on http://www.laramiecounty.com/_departments/_planning/_pdfs/zoning_2006/chap_7.pdf seems to suggest that WY 213 becomes Laramie CR 149 north of Burns. However, this might be one of the state highway additions being made as suggested by that same report. It seems like it would make sense ... and I've not been in Burns since the late 1990s, so I don't know what condtion CR 149 is in or whether it meets state highway standards.

Andy
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

corco

From what I saw at least by the junctions at 216 and 85 the road looked to be built up to some sort of standard (paved with shoulders which as you know is a rarity on rural roads in Wyoming), so it's definitely possible

Wyoming needs to update their Route Log/Reference Marker books badly

corco

I had a chance to head up and check this out today from one end, and from downtown Burns there doesn't seem to be any sort of state highway connection out of the north. I'll head up US-85 at some point and take the posted WYO 213 south back towards Burns and see what happens, but at this point I'm thinking that those 213 signs are there in error.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.