News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Southern Illinois Notes

Started by 3467, October 26, 2019, 01:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edwaleni

Quote from: 3467 on November 18, 2021, 02:29:48 PM
OK. Do they have a way to find other projects. I know it was cancelled on the Gateway Connector and Prairie Parkway.
I submitted comments to keep it on 67 never heard a thing.

https://idot.illinois.gov/transportation-system/transportation-management/featured-projects/index

mrsman

Quote from: edwaleni on November 18, 2021, 10:57:46 AM
Quote from: 3467 on November 18, 2021, 09:32:55 AM
I tried to find where they had corridor protection but I can't find it online.

I've seen this picture before, but I'm not sure if I understand all of the plans here.

IL-3 is to be moved to  the blue corridor.  Does that mean that the interchanges currently involving IL-3 are to be demolished?  Is th full corridor to be a freeway?

I-70 is to follow one of the red routes to meet with I-55 far away from I-64.  This may be good for traffic.

I-55 and I-64 would still follow their current routings from the Poplar St Bridge.  The existing connector from the Stan to 55/64/70 would need a new number, maybe a I-x64, as most traffic using this connector would be heding to I-64.

Is anything being done to make it easier to connect I-55/64 with the Eads and MLK bridges?

edwaleni

Quote from: mrsman on December 06, 2021, 12:20:47 PM
Quote from: edwaleni on November 18, 2021, 10:57:46 AM
Quote from: 3467 on November 18, 2021, 09:32:55 AM
I tried to find where they had corridor protection but I can't find it online.

I've seen this picture before, but I'm not sure if I understand all of the plans here.

IL-3 is to be moved to  the blue corridor.  Does that mean that the interchanges currently involving IL-3 are to be demolished?  Is th full corridor to be a freeway?

I-70 is to follow one of the red routes to meet with I-55 far away from I-64.  This may be good for traffic.

I-55 and I-64 would still follow their current routings from the Poplar St Bridge.  The existing connector from the Stan to 55/64/70 would need a new number, maybe a I-x64, as most traffic using this connector would be heding to I-64.

Is anything being done to make it easier to connect I-55/64 with the Eads and MLK bridges?

Off of 55-70 Westbound:

Exit 2A goes to the Eads.
Both Exits 2B and 2C go to the MLK.

Exit 2C is for traffic coming down 55 and exits to the right.

Exit 2B is a left side exit for I-64 mergers who need to reach the MLK and not cross 4 lanes of traffic.

Revive 755

Quote from: mrsman on December 06, 2021, 12:20:47 PM

The western interchange at the PSB complex isn't supposed to be demolished.  I do not recall if they will remove the remaining IL 3 ramps at the Tri-Level.  It might change anyway by the time these projects start.

None of the relocated IL 3 is supposed to be a freeway.

Quote from: mrsman on December 06, 2021, 12:20:47 PMThe existing connector from the Stan to 55/64/70 would need a new number, maybe a I-x64, as most traffic using this connector would be heding to I-64.

One of the documents I saw years ago (may still be a link to it somewhere on the forum) had it becoming I-564.

STLmapboy

Just drove the new Delhi Bypass on US-67 in Jersey County. Nice road. Currently both lanes are on the NB side (temporary two-lane road), but some of the portable messages signs indicated a "lane change on December 22." The SB side looks pretty much done.

Hopefully they can get a bypass around Jerseyville sooner rather than later.
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

edwaleni

Quote from: STLmapboy on December 17, 2021, 04:05:12 PM
Just drove the new Delhi Bypass on US-67 in Jersey County. Nice road. Currently both lanes are on the NB side (temporary two-lane road), but some of the portable messages signs indicated a "lane change on December 22." The SB side looks pretty much done.

Hopefully they can get a bypass around Jerseyville sooner rather than later.

The Google Maps car came through 3 weeks ago and got pictures of it too.

CapeCodder

Random question: What type of asphalt do most of the counties in S. Illinois use? It seems like it has a lot of limestone in it.

triplemultiplex

Crushed limestone is the aggregate of choice for hot mix if it's available.  Limestone breaks into nice triangular bits that lock together better than other aggregate stone.  One gets longer lifespan out of the resulting pavement.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Bobboau

Don't worry it's a poorly updated page.

Rick Powell

Quote from: 3467 on December 28, 2021, 03:14:09 AM
Don't worry it's a poorly updated page.

Lebanon bypass is still in the IDOT FY 22-27 program at $34.5 million for construction, $500k for land acquisition, $4 million for utility adjustment, and $2.5 million for construction engineering.

https://idot.illinois.gov/Assets/uploads/files/Transportation-System/Reports/OP&P/HIP/2022-2027/2022-2027%20MYP%20Book%20-%20Internet%20Version.pdf

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.