Regional Boards > Northeast

NY-27 Atlantic Expressway

(1/15) > >>

fmendes:
Long island as we know lacks express truck routes and the some of the only being the LIE and sunrise and the amount of traffic on the LIE and SSP brings up the topic of the Atlantic Expressway which was to replace NY-27 as a 8-10 lane highway with service roads from the belt parkway all the way to NY-109 being that its almost 60 years later and better construction methods it could be built as a viaduct toll road to cover the cost of construction and the existing sunrise acting as the service road this project is similar to the Gateway Expressway project in Pinelles County FL... thoughts?
srry if this is run on

TravelingBethelite:
I think you might be looking for the Fictional Highways board if you're talking about the extension across the sound.

fmendes:

--- Quote from: TravelingBethelite on March 09, 2021, 09:47:21 AM ---I think you might be looking for the Fictional Highways board if you're talking about the extension across the sound.

--- End quote ---
no this does not have to do with the sound bridge as i think the sound bridge is ahead of its time and is not feasible in this day in age im talking about the http://www.nycroads.com/roads/sunrise/ as seen on unbuilt the atlantic expressway is what i am talking about

Pete from Boston:
Where oh where does Interstate 91, a north-south road in New England, come into this?

RobbieL2415:

--- Quote from: Pete from Boston on March 09, 2021, 10:18:45 AM ---Where oh where does Interstate 91, a north-south road in New England, come into this?

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I was like, "and what does I-91 have to do with this?" Unless OP is suggesting that I-91 be signed on NY 27 via a new LI Sound crossing, but that belongs in the fictional thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version