News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Items for sale?

Started by ClassicHasClass, April 23, 2021, 12:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClassicHasClass

What would be (is there?) a good place for posting items for sale or free-to-a-good-home? In particular I have a whole bunch of Maine maps which I probably won't reference again. Rather put them here than on eBay since they're more likely to go to someone who would use them here, but I understand if that's not acceptable.

tolbs17

Pretty sure this is in the wrong board.

renegade

Is there a map curator at a local university?  They would gladly take those.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Alps

This is a good venue to do so. I would think Photos, Videos, and More is the closest match.

hbelkins

I sold a video camera on this forum several years ago. Asked if it would be appropriate, was told that it was, and so I posted it.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Max Rockatansky

I would probably expect to see see things like maps for sale in Photos.  Highway Signs though, now that's a question I don't have a clear thought for.

ClassicHasClass

Photos, Videos and More it is. Thanks!

tolbs17

So will this thread be moved there?

hbelkins

Quote from: hbelkins on April 23, 2021, 03:17:19 PM
I sold a video camera on this forum several years ago. Asked if it would be appropriate, was told that it was, and so I posted it.

A followup to this story -- I saw that camera show up at a meet in New Hampshire some time after I sold it. When I commented to the person who had it, whom I had never met before, that I had sold one just like it, he laughed and said, "Yes. You sold it to me!" I hadn't put the username from this forum and the real name that was provided for shipping together.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.