National Boards > Road Enthusiasts Meetings

Northwest Chicagoland road meet: November 13, 2021

(1/8) > >>

Nikolai:
I've prepared a preliminary route and list of attractions for our tour. Printed copies will be provided.

Here's the Facebook event page for the meet. RSVP there so I can estimate how many to expect. Inviting your other roadgeek friends is encouraged.

Lunch will be at 11:30 at Buona in Hoffman Estates, a Chicago restaurant featuring Italian beef sandwiches and other tasty things. We'll move to the Barrington Road Park-n-Ride at 12:30 to start the tour.

COVID-19 vaccination will be required to join us for lunch and any other indoor events I might plan. Stay tuned for announcements on potential evening activities.

This year I'll be hosting a road meet to share what Chicago's northwest suburbs have to offer, from Algonquin to Elk Grove Village. Sights will include:

* The impressive Western Algonquin Bypass on Illinois route 31
* Longmeadow Parkway and its brand new bridge over the Fox River
* The vintage US-20 Elgin Bypass
* Upgrades, widening, and new exits on I-90, the Jane Addams Tollway
* The long-awaited Illinois 390 tollway

kevinb1994:

--- Quote from: Nikolai on May 03, 2021, 10:22:36 PM ---This year I'll be hosting a road meet to share what Chicago's northwest suburbs have to offer, from Algonquin to Elk Grove Village. Sights will include:

* The impressive Western Algonquin Bypass on Illinois route 31
* Longmeadow Parkway and its brand new bridge over the Fox River
* The vintage US-20 Elgin Bypass
* Upgrades, widening, and new exits on I-90, the Jane Addams Tollway
* The long-awaited Illinois 390 tollwayUse the poll above to nominate your favorite dates, and let me know if you have any road attraction recommendations.

--- End quote ---
Longmeadow Parkway, Iím in ;)

I mean, I live off of a road with a somewhat similar name, so why not?

TheHighwayMan394:
The concept of doing this Thanksgiving weekend sounds a little stressful to me. If it falls then, I may or may not feel up for coming down and it may be a last minute decision (which I know can be a little agitating for getting a head count).

Alps:

--- Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on May 04, 2021, 02:22:30 AM ---The concept of doing this Thanksgiving weekend sounds a little stressful to me. If it falls then, I may or may not feel up for coming down and it may be a last minute decision (which I know can be a little agitating for getting a head count).

--- End quote ---
It'd be my only possibility of making it from 800 miles out.

A.J. Bertin:
I'm very interested!  I voted for November 13 and 20 because I'm not sure what the holidays will look like this year and whether my husband and I will want to spend Thanksgiving with either of our families.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version