National Boards > Road Enthusiasts Meetings

Northwest Chicagoland road meet: November 13, 2021

<< < (9/12) > >>

abefroman329:

--- Quote from: Nikolai on September 26, 2021, 10:41:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: abefroman329 on September 25, 2021, 07:56:10 PM ---I know you have to draw the line somewhere, and I don't know if there's sufficient time in the day, but have you also considered the following?

The vintage expressway portions of IL-53 north of I-290
--- End quote ---

I wasn't aware how vintage that expressway was. Anything about it that's worth seeing in particular?
--- End quote ---

As I recall, the northern end at Lake-Cook looks about the same as it did forty years ago

A.J. Bertin:

--- Quote from: abefroman329 on September 25, 2021, 07:56:10 PM ---I'll be gone that weekend and, frankly, find Internet meetups to be a little weird, with incredibly rare exceptions, but I hope it's a successful one!

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure why you're following and participating in this part of the AARoads forum if you think Internet meetups are weird.  Internet meetups are pretty common nowadays.  Many of us have been attending in-person road meets for many years and have established some really good friendships from them.  Don't knock it until you've given it a chance!

abefroman329:

--- Quote from: A.J. Bertin on September 26, 2021, 09:32:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: abefroman329 on September 25, 2021, 07:56:10 PM ---I'll be gone that weekend and, frankly, find Internet meetups to be a little weird, with incredibly rare exceptions, but I hope it's a successful one!

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure why you're following and participating in this part of the AARoads forum if you think Internet meetups are weird.  Internet meetups are pretty common nowadays.  Many of us have been attending in-person road meets for many years and have established some really good friendships from them.  Don't knock it until you've given it a chance!

--- End quote ---

These are good points - I have attended Internet meetups in the past, but the most recent one was over 15 years ago.  My comments were not intended to discourage anyone from attending.

Nikolai:
We're about a month away from Chicago, and I'd like to share with you these fun optional evening events I'm planning after the meet (vaccination required):

* 5:30: Dinner at Lou Malnati's in Schaumburg, for the quintessential Chicago-style deep dish pizza.
* 7:00: A visit to Woodfield Mall, the landmark that set the stage for massive regional shopping centers in the '70s.
* 8:00: A show at Laugh Out Loud Theater, a shining example of the improvised comedy that Chicago is famous for. Advance ticket purchase is currently necessary at this link and the theater requires masks.

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: Nikolai on October 11, 2021, 10:05:21 PM ---We're about a month away from Chicago, and I'd like to share with you these fun optional evening events I'm planning after the meet (vaccination required):

* 5:30: Dinner at Lou Malnati's in Schaumburg, for the quintessential Chicago-style deep dish pizza.
--- End quote ---

Cue the "that's not real pizza" arguments in 3,2,1...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version