Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

Was US 101 south of Crescent itís in Rockslide?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Max Rockatansky:
Some other stuff that probably is worth checking out as you head south on US 101:

-  Trees or Mystery in Klamath.
-  The Drive Thru Tree on CA 169 in Klamath.
-  Old US 101 and the Douglas Memorial Bridge on the Klamath River. 
-  Old US 101/Newton B. Drury Scenic Drive. 
-  The Fernbridge on CA 211 (briefly temporary US 101)
-  Old US 101/current CA 283 over the Rio Dell Bridge
-  Avenue of the Giants (current CA 254/Old US 101)
-  Richardson Grove State Park
-  Old US 101 over The Slab near Confusion Hill.
-  Confusion Hill/Old US 101
-  The Tour Thru Tree on current CA 271/old US 101
-  The Willits Arch on former US 101/current CA 20.
-  The Golden Gate Bridge from Conzelman Road in the Marin Headlands
-  The San Juan Grade (as discussed above)
-  Old Coast Road/Old US 101 near the CA 1/US 101 junction approaching Gaviota Pass.
-  Cuesta Pass and Old Stage Road near San Bautista.
-  The Tunnel View Trail in Gaviota State Park which overlooks the Gaviota Tunnel
-  The Arroyo Hondo Bridge on Santa Barbara Channel near Goleta. 

Hit me up if there is anything that you think you might be interested in finding.

roadman65:
Are there any stoplights on US 101 south of Willits and north of The Golden Gate Bridge? So far I have hit none from Eureka to Willits. The road alternates from two to four lanes with brief super four freeways in spots and the 31 mile modern alignment from Phillipswood to Peeperwood is a four lane undivided freeway.

Max Rockatansky:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on July 08, 2021, 05:57:28 PM ---Are there any stoplights on US 101 south of Willits and north of The Golden Gate Bridge? So far I have hit none from Eureka to Willits. The road alternates from two to four lanes with brief super four freeways in spots and the 31 mile modern alignment from Phillipswood to Peeperwood is a four lane undivided freeway.

--- End quote ---

I donít believe there are any left aside from an emergency light in Laytonville.  Once you hit the Bayshore Freeway in San Francisco you wonít encounter any South to Los Angeles. 

roadman65:
So Eureka and Crescent City  and SF are the only places statewide.  Cool.

Max Rockatansky:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on July 08, 2021, 06:07:24 PM ---So Eureka and Crescent City  and SF are the only places statewide.  Cool.

--- End quote ---

Yes, 101 essentially is about as far as a major highway can really be developed before it converted into full freeway standards.  Thatís part of the reason why Iím always surprised it rarely pops up on the Fictional Board on this forum.  The stretch through Prunedale is probably my favorite segment given how close to full limited access it is but yet has things like driveways to homes on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version