User Content > Photos, Videos, and More

The entire length of the Edens Expressway

(1/9) > >>

Crash_It:
Here's the video, just peaceful driving with no honking and a mellow soundtrack.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpnuUwRovog

renegade:

--- Quote from: Crash_It on July 18, 2021, 09:33:16 AM ---Here's the video, just peaceful driving with no honking and a mellow soundtrack.

<snip>

--- End quote ---
Cra_shIt is out to make another buck!

JoePCool14:

--- Quote from: renegade on July 18, 2021, 02:28:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: Crash_It on July 18, 2021, 09:33:16 AM ---Here's the video, just peaceful driving with no honking and a mellow soundtrack.

<snip>

--- End quote ---
Cra_shIt is out to make another buck!

--- End quote ---

That's probably a bit harsh. This video is quite alright.

I will make a couple additional comments though. Driving in the middle lane while drivers were passing you left and right was probably not the best decision. At least when you drove it, the road was pretty open. But that kind of thing is extremely frustrating for driving.

And I largely disagree with your opinion on the quality of the Edens overall. Yeah, when you drove it, it looked fine. But pre-virus, I actually had the "privilege" to drive most of this thing four times per week at the busiest times for a while. The best way I can describe it was that it was a rat race. Between only having three lanes each direction and having cloverleaf interchanges scattered throughout, this thing is a mess. The quality of the pavement leaves a lot to be desired, and from a roadgeek perspective, the signage is a mix of ugly Clearview and cheap, flimsy signs where BGS would be much more appropriate.

It's not the worst expressway out there, but if IDOT had money, a rebuild with reconfigured interchanges for most exits as well as a fourth lane in each direction would be necessary.

But yeah, the video itself was honestly nice anyways.

Crash_It:

--- Quote from: JoePCool14 on July 20, 2021, 10:50:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: renegade on July 18, 2021, 02:28:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: Crash_It on July 18, 2021, 09:33:16 AM ---Here's the video, just peaceful driving with no honking and a mellow soundtrack.

<snip>

--- End quote ---
Cra_shIt is out to make another buck!

--- End quote ---

That's probably a bit harsh. This video is quite alright.

I will make a couple additional comments though. Driving in the middle lane while drivers were passing you left and right was probably not the best decision. At least when you drove it, the road was pretty open. But that kind of thing is extremely frustrating for driving.
--- End quote ---


It's smoother because drivers constantly come off those ramps only doing 40 at best, so instead of constantly having to change lanes I just stay in the middle lane. It's not holding anyone back because the speed limit is 55 and that's what I was doing.


--- Quote from: JoePCool14 on July 20, 2021, 10:50:06 PM ---And I largely disagree with your opinion on the quality of the Edens overall. Yeah, when you drove it, it looked fine. But pre-virus, I actually had the "privilege" to drive most of this thing four times per week at the busiest times for a while. The best way I can describe it was that it was a rat race. Between only having three lanes each direction and having cloverleaf interchanges scattered throughout, this thing is a mess. The quality of the pavement leaves a lot to be desired, and from a roadgeek perspective, the signage is a mix of ugly Clearview and cheap, flimsy signs where BGS would be much more appropriate.

It's not the worst expressway out there, but if IDOT had money, a rebuild with reconfigured interchanges for most exits as well as a fourth lane in each direction would be necessary.

But yeah, the video itself was honestly nice anyways.

--- End quote ---

The pavement is in relatively good condition despite being mostly about 13 years old now. It's certainly better than I57 from the Ryan to 80 but that's scheduled to be worked on this year.

kphoger:

--- Quote from: Crash_It on July 27, 2021, 01:38:51 PM ---It's not holding anyone back because the speed limit is 55 and that's what I was doing.

--- End quote ---

That's a non-sequitir.

Your doing the speed limit doesn't mean you're not holding anyone up.  If they're going faster than you are, and you're in their way, then you're holding them up.  Simple as that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version