Meta > Suggestions and Questions

Personal text/Signature

(1/2) > >>

tolbs17:
Should you only include what you like to do as your personal text?

And for me I don't get what a "signature" is but it seems like you can add whatever to it. I was thinking it was for your full name.

1:

--- Quote from: tolbs17 on October 26, 2021, 06:40:37 AM ---Should you only include what you like to do as your personal text?

And for me I don't get what a "signature" is but it seems like you can add whatever to it. I was thinking it was for your full name.

--- End quote ---

It can have anything that is under or equal to 300 characters (characters outside the Basic Multilingual Plane count as 2, and you can go slightly over if you know how to abuse BBCode tags) and doesn't violate the forum rules.

tolbs17:

--- Quote from: 1 on October 26, 2021, 06:42:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: tolbs17 on October 26, 2021, 06:40:37 AM ---Should you only include what you like to do as your personal text?

--- End quote ---

It can have anything that is under or equal to 300 characters (characters outside the Basic Multilingual Plane count as 2, and you can go slightly over if you know how to abuse BBCode tags) and doesn't violate the forum rules.

--- End quote ---
im in my head thinking about what signature I should have or should I just remain not having one. I had a personal text saying "I love going out places" and removed it because I didn't really like it and I made another one saying "I like hanging out with others". Because I was kind of bored having a bland profile.

Scott5114:
You can put whatever you want there subject to the forum rules (no political content, no images larger than the size noted in the forum rules, etc).

The signature feature is a callback to email signatures and Usenet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature_block

1995hoo:
Consider how utterly irrelevant to anything on this forum my signature is. I just happen to love the quotation and the follow-up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version