Regional Boards > Northeast

PA Turnpike News

<< < (3/549) > >>

PAHighways:
Not to mention it carries more traffic being located in the Megalopolis so it should be wider.

The sections of Pennsylvania's that have been rebuilt are much improved over the old highway; however, I'd prefer the PTC had added a third lane to all rebuilt sections as part of the plans.

mightyace:
From the PA Turnpike Website:  (http://www.paturnpike.com/rttc/AdvisoryInfo.aspx?ID=121614)

Title:      Planned Detour Interstate 76 Carlisle to Breezewood
Location:    226-Carlisle AND 161-Breezewood   Mileposts: 226.5-161.5
 Direction:
 All    Lanes Affected:
All Lanes    Traffic Flow:
At or Near Posted Speed Limits    ETA:
3/15/2009 @ 4:00 AM
   Report Type:   Update   Date/Time:   3/12/2009 6:45 PM
Comments:
Please be advised of a planned detour this weekend on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, between the Carlisle Exit 226 and Breezewood Exit 161 interchanges. The detour is scheduled Saturday night March 14th into Sunday March 15th, and will begin at 11:00 pm for Eastbound motorists by closing the Breezewood Interchange Exit 161. Westbound motorists will be detoured at 11:45 pm when crews close traffic at Carlisle Interchange Exit 226. Blue Mountain Exit 201, Willow Hill Exit 189 and Fort Littleton Exit 180 traffic intending to travel Westbound will be permitted to enter the system. The detours are required so that crews can demolish two overhead bridges located in Cumberland County.

Now that's some detour!

The most logical alternate route to me seems to be US 30 between Breezewood and Chambersburg and I-81 between Chamberburg and Carlisle.

PAHighways:

--- Quote from: mightyace on March 12, 2009, 08:25:57 PM ---Now that's some detour!

The most logical alternate route to me seems to be US 30 between Breezewood and Chambersburg and I-81 between Chamberburg and Carlisle.
--- End quote ---

That is more for trucks to use rather than trying to negotiate the winding, narrow US 30 over the mountains.

After the complaints the PTC received after the numerous accidents in the MP 75-85 reconstruction zone and resulting closures of the mainline with traffic detoured over PA 31, they route traffic via higher capacity routes.

mightyace:
Gov fires corruption 'target' chair Rubin from Penn Turnpike Commission

http://www.tollroadsnews.com/node/4069

PAHighways:
Study Calls Aborted Turnpike Leasing Flawed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version