Regional Boards > Northeast

NY - First stimulus projects ready for bid

(1/2) > >>

Dougtone:
The first construction and renovation projects eligible for funding through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) could be put to bid as early as this week, according to New York Governor David Paterson.  Local officials learned last week that transportation projects have been approved in several Upstate New York counties. More will be announced in the coming weeks.  This story is according to the Legislative Gazette of New York.

Read the article at... http://tinyurl.com/bkmw58

Michael:
A portion of I-690 was recently resurfaced, so I don't see where it's needed.  Surface streets are what need the work.

Snappyjack:
And no mention of building new roads where it is needed, or widening existing roads to meet traffic needs. Typical New York garbage. Compare to Missouri and how they are using their money, and you'll see what I mean.

Michael:
Oh, I forgot:  The I-81 elevated highway is at the end of it's lifespan.  In another post, I suggested an idea for a new bridge to replace it.

Chris:

--- Quote from: froggie on March 04, 2009, 12:49:36 PM ---Snappy:  are needed repairs/maintenance/replacement/reconstruction not acceptable?

--- End quote ---

I don't think so, if a DOT can't fund them from their regular budget, something's wrong. The stimulus ought to be used to speed up major reconstruction projects, or new construction, not for regular maintenance in my opinionl.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version