Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic

Northern Virginia HOT Lanes

<< < (363/363)

Mapmikey:

--- Quote from: 74/171FAN on July 09, 2021, 07:31:33 AM ---I was driving I-95 SB overnight last night through the ongoing C/D Road Project, and I thought it was odd that the PCMS was stating for "All Route 17 Traffic" to exit at Exit 133 while US 17 SB comes onto I-95 SB there.  It probably is a non-issue, but I still think it is a bit misleading.

--- End quote ---

It is since they took down the sign that says US 17 SOUTH straight ahead during construction.   The misleading scheme is propagated at the bottom of the ramp with no BUSINESS banner on the 17 SOUTH left trailblazer and no indication that 17 SOUTH is straight ahead (under this temp configuration you can go straight and get right back on 95-17 south).

If you do get misled and follow US 17 Business, you will eventually come to a point in Fredericksburg where there are missing US 17 postings to follow the route (although it is worse NB).

NJRoadfan:
VDOT's signing of the US-17 multiplex on I-95 thru Fredericksburg is spotty. Despite new signing, there is still zero mention of it at the VA-3 on-ramps at Exit 130.

famartin:

--- Quote from: NJRoadfan on July 09, 2021, 05:08:39 PM ---VDOT's signing of the US-17 multiplex on I-95 thru Fredericksburg is spotty. Despite new signing, there is still zero mention of it at the VA-3 on-ramps at Exit 130.

--- End quote ---

Yes, its as if they haven't really decided to multiplex it properly. More like they just want 17 Thru Traffic to use 95 but want 17 to maintain its route through downtown Fredericksburg without calling it a business route (though some signage of that does exist). Could be some local politics at play, not sure.

Mapmikey:

--- Quote from: famartin on July 09, 2021, 06:03:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: NJRoadfan on July 09, 2021, 05:08:39 PM ---VDOT's signing of the US-17 multiplex on I-95 thru Fredericksburg is spotty. Despite new signing, there is still zero mention of it at the VA-3 on-ramps at Exit 130.

--- End quote ---

Yes, its as if they haven't really decided to multiplex it properly. More like they just want 17 Thru Traffic to use 95 but want 17 to maintain its route through downtown Fredericksburg without calling it a business route (though some signage of that does exist). Could be some local politics at play, not sure.

--- End quote ---

Unlikely, given multiple turns in both directions on 17 Bus have no 17 signage of any kind within the City of Fredericksburg; there are also a couple stray US 17 signs as if it followed US 1's bypass of Fredericksburg, which it has never done.

More likely a VDOT District thing.

VA 100 is not identified from VA 99 or the Draper exit (District 2).
Fredericksburg is District 6

District 1 (US 58/I-81 and US 11/I-81) the routes are mostly identified
District 8 (US 60/I-64 twice) the routes are mostly identified
District 4 (US 460/I-85) is a mixed bag
District 5 (VA 33/I-64) is identified

cpzilliacus:
WTOP Radio: Plans to extend I-495 Express toll lanes to the American Legion Bridge pass important federal review

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version