Persuasive maps exhibit at Cornell

Started by kurumi, November 15, 2018, 11:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurumi

https://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/

Cornell is hosting "a collection of "persuasive"  cartography: ​more than 800 ​maps intended primarily to influence opinions or beliefs - to send a message - rather than to communicate geographic information."

You can browse by subject and date, and zoom in on individual maps. Image quality is good. There might not be any road maps here, though.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

triplemultiplex

"That's just like... your opinion, man."

froggie

jon daly

I had no idea that Caterpillar made maps. I got a kick out of the picture of the kid playing with a toy construction truck.

I still like construction to this day, At lunch, I was watching workers put up a parking lot.

Duke87

Quote from: jon daly on November 15, 2018, 07:22:53 PM
At lunch, I was watching workers put up a parking lot.

Is said parking lot located in Paradise?
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

jon daly

^ Nah,  I'm trying to come up with a response to that that's in poor taste, but I got nuthin'.

Brandon

Quote from: Duke87 on November 16, 2018, 05:52:32 PM

Did a big yellow taxi take your father away?
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

abefroman329

Quote from: Brandon on November 16, 2018, 09:11:35 PM
Quote from: Duke87 on November 16, 2018, 05:52:32 PM

Did a big yellow taxi take your father away?
I think "old man"  in this context means "significant other."  Particularly since Adam Duritz chanted the lyric to "a big yellow taxi took my girl away"  for the Counting Crows cover.

jon daly

Thanks, Abe. I was wondering who did the cover.

I'm still digging the Caterpillar map.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.