News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Northeast / Re: Massachusetts
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 12:17:00 PM
Quote from: hotdogPi on Today at 11:44:12 AM"The Islands" is a local geography term, not a roadgeek term. People in the area know what it means.

I'm not trying to argue that it's wrong to use it, but it seems odd to see on a sign, especially those not familiar with the area and local usage.
Southeast / Re: North Carolina
Last post by bob7374 - Today at 12:14:54 PM
NCDOT has announced the awarding of a contract to upgrade the pavement and signage along I-85 in Durham County from the Orange County Line to US 15-501. A view of the sign plans show no changes from the current signage, including the pull through northbound at the Durham Freeway that only includes I-85, not US 70 and that was placed before the latter was officially rerouted on I-85 from Cole Mill Road when the Freeway was extended to I-85 in 1998:
https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2024/2024-04-29-improvements-85-durham-county.aspx

The sign plans are available at the NCDOT project site.
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Delaware
Last post by 74/171FAN - Today at 12:00:35 PM
You are right Alex4897.  I think I was having a brainfart trying to answer this earlier.   :banghead:
Last post by hotdogPi - Today at 11:44:12 AM
"The Islands" is a local geography term, not a roadgeek term. People in the area know what it means.
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Delaware
Last post by Alex4897 - Today at 11:37:55 AM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on Today at 08:52:46 AM
Quote from: epzik8 on Today at 08:23:02 AMIt looks like Delaware has a color detour system for the 896 interchange project in the style of Pennsylvania's.

The detour requiring turning around at the Biden Welcome Center is much more interesting IMO.

Quote from: 74/171FAN on December 29, 2023, 01:37:20 PM(https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10219228995036191&set=a.10219229104798935)

The detour doesn't go through the welcome center, it goes up to DE 273 and turns around using the loops at that interchange.

I'm six episodes into Fallout which is centered around the ruins of Los Angeles.  So far there has been a couple BGSs for stuff like Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard.  I was kind of hoping they would go overboard with the highway stuff like it was with New Vegas.
A lot of ramps on 315 would probably have had to close for I-71 to return to it.
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 11:19:35 AM
Quote from: Rothman on Today at 06:48:48 AM
Quote from: roadman65 on Today at 12:33:17 AMhttps://maps.app.goo.gl/nXUufMWidfnysogFA
I take that "The Islands" refers to Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard on this guide on SB MA28.

What else would it refer to?

I'm not into the lingo of Mass not living there. I'm sure many non road geeks wonder what it means.

Island Ferries is more appropriate being you can't get to those islands via road.
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge (...
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 11:12:23 AM
Name it the Sinnead O' Connor Bridge, as she protested against it at the PNC Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ as that venue treats rock concerts like the MBL treats the ball games. You have to stand up and listen to the Anthem played while standing up looking at the flag under the spotlight.

She refused upright to have it done during her concert and sparks flew then.

Or name it the Norman Lear Bridge for first introducing the controversy of the hymn in one of his All In The Family episodes. He had his writers come up with dialogue for Archie and Meathead to argue the song and write lines for the Meathead to oppose the song.

:bigass:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.