do you prefer hot weather or cold weather?

Started by Roadgeekteen, June 20, 2017, 01:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

do you prefer hot or cold weather?

very hot
0 (0%)
hot
7 (22.6%)
cold
5 (16.1%)
very cold
1 (3.2%)
cool
10 (32.3%)
warm
7 (22.6%)
No preference
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Darkchylde

To be serious, my comfort zone is extraordinarily low - I'm most comfortable from 20 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit. I can get away with summer clothes when most people up here start breaking out the heavy jackets.

I can cope with a dry heat to a degree, but humidity absolutely screws me up, and makes anything above 70 downright unbearable. And of course, it's not like I can go topless to beat the heat or anything.

Takumi

Hot. Even humidity doesn't bother me. If it never snowed again, I'd be happy.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Takumi on August 06, 2017, 04:08:12 PM
Hot. Even humidity doesn't bother me. If it never snowed again, I'd be happy.
Me too, I also hate rain.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

cjk374

When I am at work making train, my body produces large quantities of heat while moving around. I don't wear any kind of winter clothing while working, but I do have my limits (temps in the low teens or very cold wind chills). People look at me like I'm crazy in the winter months. My flesh has never felt any temperature below zero.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

sparker

Colder weather, for what might be the most trivial of reasons:  I can switch over to my vacuum-tube audio amplifiers (which I prefer) without my GF complaining that it's making the den too damn hot (for something with only 12 tubes total it puts out a lot of heat that tends to get a 12 x 18 room hot fast).     

JKRhodes

Cold.

Aside from job and family, I have little explanation of why I continue to live in Arizona.

hotdogPi

Quote from: roadiejay on September 21, 2017, 07:46:22 AM
Cold.

Aside from job and family, I have little explanation of why I continue to live in Arizona.

You can move to a different part of Arizona (like Flagstaff) and get weather that's not anywhere near as hot.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

JKRhodes

Quote from: 1 on September 21, 2017, 07:48:04 AM
Quote from: roadiejay on September 21, 2017, 07:46:22 AM
Cold.

You can move to a different part of Arizona (like Flagstaff) and get weather that's not anywhere near as hot.

Outside of Greater Phoenix, Arizona's economy generally stinks. I live in Safford, where the local copper mine provides gainful employment for now. :)

Flagstaff is nice. There's a large retirement population from California and elsewhere that has driven up the median housing cost significantly. Combined with a relative lack of well-paying jobs, it has a reputation of "Poverty with a view."

My wife and I have a goal of relocating to the Show Low area. We have family and friends there, and the cooler weather would be better for my daughter's health.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.