News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

First Trip to Tucson

Started by PCLV10, February 05, 2010, 05:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCLV10

Hi, everyone.

My church friends and I are getting together this Easter to participate in an outreach in Tucson.  I've never been to this city, and I'm wondering what the roads will be like when I get there, along with the traffic signals.  Will all the lights be in LED?  I'll be there from March 26-28, and I'll be leaving Sunday evening heading back to Las Vegas.  I can hardly wait to see the southern part of AZ!

Dougtone

Quote from: PCLV10 on February 05, 2010, 05:55:24 PM
Hi, everyone.

My church friends and I are getting together this Easter to participate in an outreach in Tucson.  I've never been to this city, and I'm wondering what the roads will be like when I get there, along with the traffic signals.  Will all the lights be in LED?  I'll be there from March 26-28, and I'll be leaving Sunday evening heading back to Las Vegas.  I can hardly wait to see the southern part of AZ!

If Tucson is anything like Phoenix, there will be speed cameras everywhere.

AZDude

Only been there a few times.  Most were just passing through.  While a big urban area, it feels like "little town".  I-10 has three to four lanes in each direction throughout the city.  There are many main arterials that go due east/west and north/south just like Phoenix. 

Bickendan

I passed through Tucson a year and a half ago, and I-10 was under complete reconstruction north of I-19. The entire freeway was jammed to the far westside of the ROW as a divided super-2. It seemed as though the freeway was also getting widened at the same time.

It was around 10 at night, and it took over an hour to get through Tucson.

AZDude

I remember that.  It's not like that anymore.  Construction is mostly, if not all complete now.

Bickendan

Was there a widening involved?

J N Winkler

Yes, there was--one lane in each direction, I think.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

hm insulators

If you like historical airplanes, the Pima County Air Museum is a must-see.
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

thenetwork

AFAIK, Speed Cameras are only on the freeways in Phoenix.  I don't recall seeing any on I-19 nor I-10 in Tucson.  Not sure about surface street speed &/or red light cameras in Tucson, though (I was in the area last year, but I went straight to Green Valley from the north).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.