US 30 from Little America, WY to I-15 in Idaho - viability?

Started by elsmere241, April 09, 2022, 12:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elsmere241

I'm looking at this (along with I-86) as an alternate to I-80 and I-84 through Utah - we keeping hitting traffic in Ogden.  Wyoming had it posted to Pocatello last time we went by (2020).  Anyone with experience on it?

oscar

Quote from: elsmere241 on April 09, 2022, 12:53:17 AM
I'm looking at this (along with I-86) as an alternate to I-80 and I-84 through Utah - we keeping hitting traffic in Ogden.  Wyoming had it posted to Pocatello last time we went by (2020).  Anyone with experience on it?

I've traveled that entire segment in the last few years, and more recently additional trips on parts of that segment. It's not bad for a two-lane route, definitely a decent alternative to the longer Interstate routing through Ogden.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Mapmikey

Quote from: elsmere241 on April 09, 2022, 12:53:17 AM

I drove US 30 EB from Pocatello to I-80 in 2014.  Idaho side has a fair bit of 4-lane plus passing lanes where not.  Wyoming has wildlife fencing in a lot of areas.  There is a Flying J truck stop roughly halfway across. 

I second the recommendation to use it...

froggie

I've only been on it (south)east of Montpelier (coming from US 89), but agree it's a high quality 2-lane.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.