Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

Dish Network/Sling dispute with Disney

<< < (7/7)

mgk920:
Rename themselves to '21st century'?

Mike

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: ran4sh on October 03, 2022, 07:17:12 PM ---How does location even work on something like a laptop which doesn't have cellular connection, GPS or anything else that determines location?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on October 03, 2022, 07:22:28 PM ---IP addresses can be geolocated, with caveats. (At my last two jobs, our IP address geolocated to Ada, Oklahoma, about 90 minutes away from where I actually worked, since that was where company headquarters was and thus where our network traffic was routed through.)

--- End quote ---

My work computer thinks it's in Frankfort.

OTOH, my work cell phone (Verizon) often thinks it's in Indianapolis, no matter where it's physically located.

zachary_amaryllis:

--- Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on October 02, 2022, 10:37:42 AM ---When are we finally going to eliminate the middle man "providers" and be able to subscribe to channels directly?

--- End quote ---

There's always a middleman. That's the whole object of a business, is to be a middleman between a producer, and a consumer. Everybody gets a piece of the action, except the customer, who gets... yeah.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version