News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What was going on last week?

Started by Thegeet, October 02, 2023, 12:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thegeet

Apparently someone was posting something forcing the forum offline. I was not aware about the actions of the user. Can anyone clarify?

freebrickproductions

As I understand it, basically, an old and long-banned user filed a legal thread to AAroads to have all of their posts completely removed from the site, including its databases.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

roadman65

Yeah an old sorehead wanted his posts removed, so that caused catastrophic failure to the site causing it to crash when the administrator removed them.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Techknow

For the record, the site was up during the entirely of the forum being offline. As in I was able to access the AARoads domain and even the forum, although any page I tried to go to in the forum resulted in the same static message (although the news bit would rotate between the forum taken offline and that "Did you know? Illinois is flat.")

The forum issues were a result of migrating from MySQL to MariaDB - anyone technically inclined might know that database migrations are hardly flawless.

Check this thread if you're moribally curious!

(If I missed some lame joke here, then... sorry. Just trying to help answer OP's question.)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.