Regional Boards > Mid-South

I -40 Hernando Desoto Bridge at Memphis shutdown

<< < (3/72) > >>

US 89:
Holy shit, I just drove over this on Saturday. Looks like I did that just in time.

Bobby5280:
This might be a strong clue they need to make I-269 a complete loop around the Memphis metro, starting with a new bridge near Tunica going West across the Mississippi River and up to I-40.

ilpt4u:

--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on May 12, 2021, 12:06:37 AM ---This might be a strong clue they need to make I-269 a complete loop around the Memphis metro, starting with a new bridge near Tunica going West across the Mississippi River and up to I-40.

--- End quote ---
For Thru I-40 traffic, I would think the Northern Crossing for a potential I-269 across the Mississippi would make more sense to get done first

That, and I want to put Tennessee on the hook for Mississippi River Crossing Capacity improvements, not Mississippi, for greater Memphis

The Northern Crossing would be better as a redundancy for both Thru I-40 and Thru I-55

The I-269 Southern Crossing to Tunica makes sense for gamblers

Heck, a bridge over the Mississippi where I-40 meets (future) I-69, north of town, due west from there, and tie it into the current I-40/55 west split in Arkansas, would also work.

I am delving into the world of Fictional, tho, so I will stop

sprjus4:

--- Quote from: ilpt4u on May 12, 2021, 12:25:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on May 12, 2021, 12:06:37 AM ---This might be a strong clue they need to make I-269 a complete loop around the Memphis metro, starting with a new bridge near Tunica going West across the Mississippi River and up to I-40.

--- End quote ---
For Thru I-40 traffic, I would think the Northern Crossing for a potential I-269 across the Mississippi would make more sense to get done first

That, and I want to put Tennessee on the hook for Mississippi River Crossing Capacity improvements, not Mississippi, for greater Memphis

The Northern Crossing would be better as a redundancy for both Thru I-40 and Thru I-55

The I-269 Southern Crossing to Tunica makes sense for gamblers

Heck, a bridge over the Mississippi where I-40 meets (future) I-69, north of town, due west from there, and tie it into the current I-40/55 west split in Arkansas, would also work.

I am delving into the world of Fictional, tho, so I will stop

--- End quote ---
A southern I-269 crossing would provide a through traffic bypass of Memphis entirely for only I-55 traffic. A northern I-269 crossing would provide a through traffic bypass of Memphis entirely for I-40 traffic, though still provide a third alternative for I-55 traffic but still requiring passage through Memphis. If a northern I-269 crossing is constructed, the segment of I-69 between I-40 and I-269 would need to also be constructed to provide some sort of system continuity otherwise you would have to leave the interstate system if you're following I-55 North attempting to reach it.

I would agree a northern crossing would be the more viable alternative, however in a perfect world both would be built.

Wayward Memphian:

--- End quote ---

It's what I have been saying for years here and the Lehi to Tunica option needs to be first. The crap that is going on inside Memphis on the freeways is yet another reason. Those being look out cars followed by racing. Intentional slowdowns for burnout sessions and the random shootings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version