Regional Boards > Mid-South

Why was AR 9 exempt from duplicate numbering?

(1/3) > >>

roadman65:
Did not AR roads department didnít want a US 49 and I-49 in the same state due to duplication of numbers?  I seem to remember a user tell me why the delay on I-49 in the state a few years back. 

I find that odd, I must say as AR 9 has always been two different routes and close together as well.  So whatís up with this?

If so I find it very hypocritical to say the least.

MikieTimT:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on November 23, 2021, 12:33:13 PM ---For years AR roads department didnít want a US 49 and I-49 in the same state due to duplication of numbers, yet AR 9 has always been two different routes and close together as well. 

That is very hypocritical to say the least.

--- End quote ---

Oh, Arkansas has lots of that sort of discrepancy throughout the state.  With the exception of AR-980, which is used for every state maintained small airport access road, nearly all of the other instances were from cases where the route was continuous at one time, but became disconnected as time progressed.  See AR-74, AR-60, AR-215, etc., etc.

bwana39:

--- Quote from: MikieTimT on November 23, 2021, 12:53:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: roadman65 on November 23, 2021, 12:33:13 PM ---For years AR roads department didnít want a US 49 and I-49 in the same state due to duplication of numbers, yet AR 9 has always been two different routes and close together as well. 

That is very hypocritical to say the least.

--- End quote ---

Oh, Arkansas has lots of that sort of discrepancy throughout the state.  With the exception of AR-980, which is used for every state maintained small airport access road, nearly all of the other instances were from cases where the route was continuous at one time, but became disconnected as time progressed.  See AR-74, AR-60, AR-215, etc., etc.

--- End quote ---

OR IH-49....

NE2:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on November 23, 2021, 12:33:13 PM ---For years AR roads department didnít want a US 49 and I-49 in the same state due to duplication of numbers,

--- End quote ---
[citation needed]

froggie:

--- Quote from: roadman65 ---For years AR roads department didnít want a US 49 and I-49 in the same state due to duplication of numbers,
--- End quote ---

I agree with SPUI and would like to see a source for this.  I-49 has been in planning for well over 20 years and in my experience the state hasn't had a problem with having both I-49 and US 49.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version