News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Gauging Interest: Springfield, MO

Started by US71, March 19, 2018, 09:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Gauging Interest in a possible Springfield, MO roadmeet. Looking at early July (tentative).  13/44 Diverging Diamond, parts of old US66, Galena Y Bridge, maybe part of old US65 or US60.
Bass Pro Shop will be on your own time ;)

Alternative plans would be early October 2018 or April 2019

SM-G930V

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Brandon

Sounds like a fun time to me.  Been through there without stopping previously.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

hotdogPi

There's a paperclip icon? I don't seem to have access to it.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

jpi

Same here, if it happens to be July 7 then that is 100% doable since I will be in St Louis the next day for a toy show, easy trip up I-44 for me. :nod:
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

signalman

It sounds wonderful but unfortunately I won't have enough vacation time in order to make the trip.  Perhaps another time, should someone organize a meet in that area.

US71

Quote from: 1 on March 19, 2018, 01:30:55 PM

Must be something my phone did.

MNHighwayMan

Only a ~5.5 hour drive one way for me, so put me down as a tentative maybe. Have to see what else I get involved in/want to do this summer. I could much more likely do it if it were in the fall or spring next year.

A.J. Bertin

I'm very interested as long as the timing is right and I don't have any conflicts. However, if an Oklahoma meet is happening this year, I'll probably have to choose between this meet and Oklahoma.
-A.J. from Michigan

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Sure. I can collect some counties and miles in Missouri with this.
Jason's suggestion for July 7 sounds good to me. Otherwise, come October my vacation time resets and I won't have to pick n' choose.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

getemngo

It's certainly not happening for me in 2018. Fingers crossed for April 2019!
~ Sam from Michigan

SSOWorld

Quote from: US71 on March 19, 2018, 02:11:14 PM

2019 may be better for this one.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

US71

Quote from: SSOWorld on March 23, 2018, 07:18:59 AM

Gene is twisting my arm for July, but the more I try to work on this, the more I think I'm going to need more time.

Alps

Quote from: US71 on March 23, 2018, 09:05:10 AM
Quote from: SSOWorld on March 23, 2018, 07:18:59 AM

Gene is twisting my arm for July, but the more I try to work on this, the more I think I'm going to need more time.
If Gene is willing to help you get it done for July, that's fine. If not, then his opinion is worth as much as mine.

US71

Quote from: Alps on March 23, 2018, 11:07:33 PM

If Gene is willing to help you get it done for July, that's fine. If not, then his opinion is worth as much as mine.

Well, I posted this to get opinions. :)

US71

I'm going to take this off the table for 2018 and aim for Spring 2019.  I'll know more in a couple weeks.

cjk374

Spring 2019 sounds very doable for me. We shall see how life plays out.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

cl94

Spring 2019 may be doable for me. Way too early to know, but definitely interested. I fully expect my only experience in Missouri before that point will be driving through on I-70 this summer.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Brandon

Quote from: cl94 on March 27, 2018, 12:44:25 PM
Spring 2019 may be doable for me. Way too early to know, but definitely interested. I fully expect my only experience in Missouri before that point will be driving through on I-70 this summer.

Quick note about I-70 through Missouri - it sucks monkey balls.  Took it once and swore up and down not to again.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

cl94

Quote from: Brandon on March 27, 2018, 01:52:19 PM

Quick note about I-70 through Missouri - it sucks monkey balls.  Took it once and swore up and down not to again.

Oh, I'm aware. But if I want the clinch, it needs to be done once. Key word: once.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

SSOWorld

Quote from: cl94 on March 27, 2018, 02:07:00 PM

Oh, I'm aware. But if I want the clinch, it needs to be done once. Key word: once.
already done it once.  Not again.
Scott O.

Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
Raise your what?

cjk374

Quote from: SSOWorld on March 27, 2018, 06:43:17 PM
Quote from: cl94 on March 27, 2018, 02:07:00 PM

already done it once.  Not again.

I-70 was rougher than a dried corn cob when I was going up there regularly over 20 years ago. Apparently they haven't done anything to it since then.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

SSOWorld

It's the pit of misery, what's you expect? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Scott O.

Raise your what?

cl94

US71

Quote from: SSOWorld on March 28, 2018, 09:14:49 PM
It's the pit of misery, what's you expect? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But Missouri loves company :)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.