News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

GPS capabilities / recommendations

Started by yakra, March 01, 2011, 09:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yakra

Some folks I know have are interested in getting a GPS unit that can route around things like low overpasses, tunnels with hazmat restrictions & such; things RVs don't like.

Of course, my first advice would be to save your money, don't rely on that junk, and know your route, but I have a feeling that advice ain't gonna fly. :)

Any recommendations or leads?
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

mightyace

I'd tell them to get the truckers edition of the Rand McNally Road Atlas.

IIRC It has the low overpasses, tunnels with hazmat restrictions & such as many trucks don't like them either.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.